Horses height vs riders hight

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Two things spring to mind. Firstly you're long in the body and short in the legs so if you look at your legs on the horse you're fine but your top half will always look taller - whatever the size of the horse. Secondly who measured him and how because if you're 5'1" he doesn't look anything like 15 hands.

The horse will have no trouble carrying you. However, I agree with jemima that if you are 5'1 the horse doesn't look 15.1. You are 15.1 and in that picture look a lot taller than the horse. Measure him again and see what you get. Even if he is smaller he'll still carry you though.

I agree. From that picture you look about a head taller than the horse. At 5'1 the top of your head would be level with its withers. So either you have grown or the horse is smaller than you think. However, you are not too big for it IMO.

JJS

Visit site
attachment.php

Hopefully this will work

I agree with what others have said. Firstly, you look perfectly in proportion. Secondly, either you're taller than 5 ft 1' or he's closer to 14hh than 15.1. I imagine that putting a measuring stick on him would be quite revealing!

Tally-lah

Visit site
I agree with others, you look fine but I would be very surprised if he was 15.1 I would be really interested to hear how big he was after measuring again (use a proper measuring stick though, if you possibly can)

elizabeth1

Visit site
Look at photos of William fox Pitt in the dressage with longer stirrups on some of his smaller horses eg Bay my Hero.his height doesn't seem to get in the way of his success!

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I am 5ft 3in and my pony was 13.2hh. I never felt big on her. My welsh d is 15.1hh but you look a lot taller next to your horse than I look next to mine. You don't look to big on him but I think you are taller than yoh think.

only_me

Visit site
I wouldn't be concerned about height tbh.

I'm 5f7 and ride a 17h horse & I don't feel or look small on him at all. He is however a narrow build which makes him easier to ride. I would feel massively over horsed if I was riding a 17h ID though!! Would be like riding a boat lol.

I've ridden 13hh to 17h and tbh don't look massive on any - it's all about width of the horse imo. For example here is me on differing height of horses, I'm 5f6/5f7 in all of them!

Eg. 13h
image_zpspp83lw9c.jpg

3rdjanuary2009.jpg

southafricaponyclub404.jpg

17h (without saddle though lol)
1958212_10152316065564828_1600033702_n_zpsf37fa1ff.jpg

Imo OP you don't look big on your horse at all! :)

kassieg

Visit site
You don't look big at all but he definitely doesn't look 15hh! My 15hh 3 year old looks about the same next to me & I'm 5'7!!

In the pic it looks like your measuring stick is sloping rather than standing straight, the actual stick that stands on the floor needs to stand straight & not right close to the horses shoulder.

It may just be that you are bigger or that he is just not very filled out, either way you are not too big :)

Baycobsmum

Visit site
My horse is a very chunky 15.1hh cob and I'm like a pea in a mountain on him @ 5ft lol . . . I need an extra 4/5 inches of leg lol . . . I doubt u are too big !! As everyone tells me I look tiny on my boy x