Horses in due to weather...?

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
All 5 are out 24/7. Three with hunter clips and two blanket clipped; legs and half heads. They have 450 gram Premier Equine rugs. Each horse has its own 3 acre paddock with large field shelter and they get a giant net of haylage twice a day. They also get 1 scoop HiFi and 1/2 scoop H&P nuts twice a day. This remains constant regardless of weather and they all look far better than last winter when they were stabled. They always have warm ears and are toasty warm and dry under their rugs.
I will almost be disappointed when the American barn is built and they will be able to come in!

catdragon

Visit site
Mine was in 4 days out of 7 last week... so mix has been removed and pony nuts down to about a 1/3 of her normal feed and I've also cut back on her carrots... So far, she's not turned into a fruit loop....though, she WAS a fruit loop before the snow
crazy.gif
so it will be interesting to clamber aboard when the manege is fit for it !!

Firewell

Visit site
Chuck mine out everyday come pouring rain, shine or snow! Mean mummy, arent i
wink.gif

They get lots of haylage in their fields and at night in their stables. Feed has been cut down, just Alfa oil for the new boy and a handful of mix for my girl. Rode them both for the first time in over a week yesterday, the other liverys were appalled at me taking them in the sloshy, snowy school! My girl was an angel, new boy was lazy to work but had enough energy to drop a shoulder and shoot across the school in full spook mode!
I darent think what they would be like (especially my full TB mare) if they were kept in 24/7 with full hard feed!

Governor

Visit site
I haven't! Slapped wrists to me...

But horse is no more 'unruly' than normal, infact he's super-chilled to handle and looks happy in himself. He's thriving on a scoop or two of HiFi cubes a day (usually a poor-doer) and they are also going on the walker twice a day.

Halfstep

Visit site
My competition horse doesn't get any "hard" feed - just chaff, sugar beet and balancer. So no, it doesn't get cut on a day off.
However, he has been in most of last week and has put on weight from eating hay constantly. Grrrr.

Enfys

Visit site
Mine are out 24/7 and DO get hard feed.

If they were in 24/7 for whatever reason then I'd be stupid to feed grain too.