Horses intercepted in Dover

Landcruiser

Visit site
I completely agree.

I wish people in this country would be more open minded about the consumption of horse meat.

You dont see fields of starving beef cattle. These fields of crappy, malnourished coloured bog ponies would assumedly be better looked after if they had more worth as a meat product in this country.
I doubt it. I think the skinny bog ponies will be with us as long as some people are above/outside the law, and there is little or no enforcement of the ponies' welfare by the actual law of the land.

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
As a teenager I did a school exchange and the family bought horsemeat especially for me, believing that the English loved horsemeat. I was well brought up and I ate and enjoyed it.

Having eaten it once I would willingly eat it again.

I keep sheep who all have names. This year I have three boys named Mince, Meatloaf and Meatball. They will end up at the butchers but until then they will be my friends.

There is a thread somewhere on one of the forum boards which shows just how readily some members will eat their friends - even if only in jest.

Velcrobum

Visit site
I read recently that horse meat has fallen out of favour with the french but even if there is a market for that meat surely it can be slaughtered here and sent in refrigerated lorries. Same as whale meat has fallen out of favour with the Japanese they still hunt them on principle even if the meat goes into dog/cat food.