HORSES ON ROADS !

9tails

Visit site
My favourite bit is...

"horses are pointless now"

"horses have always been pointless, you're thinking of unicorns"

😂😂😂😂

Unicorns always have a point! :cool:

I found that post surprisingly refreshing, considering it's on Pistonheads. Sure the tax thing and the manure thing came up, but most of the responses were from educated people not too bothered by the 2 minutes hold up.

I reckon there was once a bad motorcyclist who was unable to control his pocket rocket, drove through some manure and skidded. This has become folklore that all horse manure piles will cause a fatal accident to all motorcyclists that come that way.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
I've read right through the entire thread on there, absolutely hilarious in parts but what astounds me is the level of ignorance of a lot of road users regarding horses on the roads and the misconceptions and assumptions, VERY ignorant people on the roads out there and quite scary to think they drive amongst us!

saalsk

Visit site
Made me laugh in parts - cringe in others ! I don't ride much on the roads around here ( cremedemonthe lives around the corner, so will know the roads ! ) as they are narrow, and fast, and have lots of large milk container lorries, and logging lorries, and some of them I would not want to meet in my truck, let alone on a horse !

D66

Visit site
Horses were used as every day transport and are now used for leisure - petrol fuelled cars will soon go the same way with bystanders complaining about the noise, smell and pollution of those outdated vehicles.
I have in the past, when confronted with the piles of pooh argument, suggested that at least if doesn't get directly into my lungs like their exhaust fumes.

I do drive a car, cycle and walk on our highways, and believe that roads are for sharing.