Horses on the screen

millikins

Visit site
Going further back, I vaguely recall a "true story" film about 2 hardworking brothers who funded buying and training an Arab racehorse by doing a paper round; made for TV I think. And a documentary with Lucy Rees and a cowboy starting 2 young horses in their 2 different ways.[/QUOTE]

Think it was true, didn't realise it was a film but heard them interviewed on Radio 4. They kept the horse in a shed on dad's allotment, eventually he found out and finally their mother.

GreyMane

Visit site

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I watched a new series a few months back called Discovery of Witches they had a few episodes where the 2 main characters went riding on 2 beautiful Iberian horses, they belonged to the modern day vampire and were kept at his families castle.

HashRouge

Visit site
Going further back, I vaguely recall a "true story" film about 2 hardworking brothers who funded buying and training an Arab racehorse by doing a paper round; made for TV I think. And a documentary with Lucy Rees and a cowboy starting 2 young horses in their 2 different ways.
It's on Youtube - I watched it recently after someone posted it on the Arab FB page I'm on. I started thinking I'd watch 10 mins but actually really enjoyed it so watched the whole thing. The Arab they use of lovely.

Whole film here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
Going further back, I vaguely recall a "true story" film about 2 hardworking brothers who funded buying and training an Arab racehorse by doing a paper round; made for TV I think. And a documentary with Lucy Rees and a cowboy starting 2 young horses in their 2 different ways.

Think it was true, didn't realise it was a film but heard them interviewed on Radio 4. They kept the horse in a shed on dad's allotment, eventually he found out and finally their mother.[/QUOTE]

I remember the Lucy Rees programme, sometime in the eighties. I have never meet anyone who watched/ remembered it, was beginning to think I'd imagined it. Would love to watch it again.

ETA The film/ programme that I dislike the most was Seabiscuit, unbelievably awful.

fburton

Visit site
I remember the Lucy Rees programme, sometime in the eighties. I have never meet anyone who watched/ remembered it, was beginning to think I'd imagined it. Would love to watch it again.
"To Ride a Wild Horse" 1987, HTV - I remember it well. :)

I have an extremely grainy copy taped off the TV after a storm had shifted our roof aerial (grrr!), but know of someone who wrote to ITV Wales last year and got a DVD-R copy from them after signing an agreement that it was for private use and not to be copied or broadcast. That means ITV have the original so might consider showing it again some time - let's hope so!

Here are a couple of stills from my tape...

TRWH2.jpg
TRWH3.jpg

These are from the start of the documentary where Lucy goes walkabout with a pony and dog up a mountain in Snowdonia, where she used to live. You can't really tell from the pics but it is extremely dodgy terrain. The helicopter circling around blowing up snow didn't help! The rest of the documentary she's in Arizona.