Horses with cool names...

mperson01

Visit site
I have a lovely arab warmblood x, bright bay, big white star, and the best her breeder could do was 'funky cleo'! I only ever compete her as Cleo. It's just humiliating!

juliette

Visit site
My friend has a horse on loan called Squirt which I think is really cool.

My new horse is called Hancy. His stable name at his previous yard was Turbo, but my husband's only objection to buying him was his stable name, so he is now Hancy all the time. A small price to pay on my part, as hubbie was the one parting with the cash! I generally call him Fancy Hancy as he is much posher than my previous mounts!!!

Bobbly

Visit site
Donkeys years ago there was a mare at the National stud called Hairbrush, poor mare.... I had an ex racer called My Life's Ambition.....

TheoryX1

Visit site
My cob was universally known on our last yard as the yard goat, due to his rude manners and general beligerent attitude. His show name is The Oryx 1, which is latin for No 1 goat.

Elbie

Visit site
My dad's racehorse is called "Believe In Me". Hmm...unfortunately we don't after her first year racing! Lets hope next year she lives up to her name.

katastrophykat

Visit site
When I bought my mare she was called Nutmeg- only because she was at a equestrian centre and no-one would get on something called 'the nutter' but she became Grot or Grotbags after a few months at home with me due to her face pulling and occasional teeth sinking :D

gillianfleming

Visit site
My friend used to call one of her horses Fred West because he was a bit of a nutter when she got him.
Another friend evented horses called Willy Do and Thistle Do

Last edited:
Visit site
One of the horses that was at NRC when I was there was called The Loose Screw. And he was. :p

I rode The Loose Screw when I went down. I had him in front of the string on the round gallop, some idiot behind me got tanked with and so of course he went as well. He only got 2 furlongs as I did a jaw breaker on him but my goodness did I get an earful off the instructors - litterally as we had the earpieces in! 'Pull back with constant even pressure! Don't you dare plant one of your hands! Stop doing that! Constant Even Pressure! You idiotic ... Oh you've stopped!' Lol!

There was also Gyration - he was a fighter. He got banned from the track because he was the devil incarnate to other horses.

SecondLifeOnHere

Visit site
My cob is passported as "Rodney". Often shortened to Plank :rolleyes:

Fantastic!!!!!

My hooligans name means 'Little Fart' in Spanish slang.. I thought i'd made a cool name up uintil I told my (then new BF) and he fell about laughing and told me what it mean't. Last time I attempt coolness! Anyway, he gets called DD for short - Dark Destroyer... although he does indeed fart for England, he trashes more things than he blows away!!!:eek:

Lyndsay

Visit site
I used to have a pony called Uno, always thought that was quite a cool name for a pony.

My mum also bought a racehorse which never made the track called IfyougoIgo - he was very nappy and when I took him round his first hunter trial and he started napping; the commentator was quite funny and said "IfyougoIgo doesn't seem to want to go anywhere at the moment!"

JustKickOn

Visit site
I've ridden a horse called Bruce before :D

Friend of mine has a horse with the show name 'Topless'. Xxxx riding Topless... Usually gets a few stares..

Visit site
There was a racehorse called The Wifes Sister - the commentators had great fun saying - and next down is Graham Lee riding The Wifes Sister - followed by a fit of giggles!

Mine have normal-ish names. Mister Laurel - his big brother is Mister Hardy. Gray Mountain from LOTR - his sister is Honey Ryder. Jefertiti aka The Hocamaffe.

We had one in the yard a few years ago called Namedatdinner whose stable name was Lobster. And at the moment we have The Starboard Bow - stable name Skipper. I had to name him that as he really couldn't be called the first thing that popped into my head ... There's Klingons on the starboard bow ...

One of the lads had a pointer called Justgetoffandpush.

Scottish_Miss

Visit site
Not really funny etc but when went to see my boy they called him cloud, and so we stuck with cloudy as stable name and made his posh name MacLeod - which I add is my other halfs surname ( somehow it was meant to be and he sis certainly so special for me ) and also my daughters, who hates it as she would be announced as Lara MacLeod on Macleod.

lol...............

Thelwellesque

Visit site
Not what I would call a cool name but one I have never forgotten. When I was young, many moons ago, I knew a pony called Theoplopodopolous! Seriously! I am not sure I have spelt it right but he was known as Plop for short :rolleyes:

windand rain

Visit site
I had one that was called After Eight he was brilliant a chocolate colour with a thin white blaze
Always wanted an eventer or racehorse with the name Awwwwmuuuum or Inaminute
Because that's all I ever heard from my kids

LadyK

Visit site
If I ever have my own horse again I would love it's show name to be 'Neigh Bother' or 'Neigh Use'

One of my favourite racehorse names:

'One Night stand' by 'pursuit of love' out of 'relatively easy'

hayinamanger

Visit site
Many years ago, my favourite horse at the RS was called Dick, so I always had to say 'I want Dick, please' :eek:

My dad used to talk about 2 racehorses called Hoof Hearted and Ice Melted :p