Horses with cool names...

lynz88

Visit site
Such great names for great horses - hopefully GottaGetThereFirst knew what he was meant to do! Mister Hardy and Mister Laurel definitely didn't clown around on the racetrack! They were both really good sprinters in their day! 🏇 😍
I think Gotta was only a hopeful name as he definitely didn't make it as a racehorse 😂😂

Ratface

Visit site
My Arabian gelding's registered name is Prince Kartishani. His stable name is Indi. This came about because when he was born, one of the staff was a great fan of the Indiana Jones film franchise. It's certainly easier to yell out over the fields/yard/anywhere else he's being an awkward equine person.
He also gets referred to by a number of other names. Not all of them polite, but I don't think he cares one iota. He's the original Arrogant Arabian and the YO and staff (mostly!) love him, and so do I.

Abacus

Visit site
I had one called Carson, which apparently (I never watched it) was the name of the butler in Downton, and his passport name was The Butler. So I would be announced as 'Jane Smith', riding The Butler. It was tricky to explain to my young children at the time.

MisterD

New User
Visit site
Elf is no longer on the forum as unfortunately she got a ban.
Thank you for the update! It would have been lovely to hear about Mister Laurel as their characters sounded so similar, in and out of racing. I hope Mister Laurel is living a happy life - semi retired if anything like hsi big bro' Mister Hardy did!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
My Arabian gelding's registered name is Prince Kartishani. His stable name is Indi. This came about because when he was born, one of the staff was a great fan of the Indiana Jones film franchise. It's certainly easier to yell out over the fields/yard/anywhere else he's being an awkward equine person.
He also gets referred to by a number of other names. Not all of them polite, but I don't think he cares one iota. He's the original Arrogant Arabian and the YO and staff (mostly!) love him, and so do I.
Paslow Arabians named their colts after tennis players one year so the stable names were Andre and Ivan, my friend had Andre and Ivan was the famous Silvern Rislam.

Ratface

Visit site
Paslow Arabians named their colts after tennis players one year so the stable names were Andre and Ivan, my friend had Andre and Ivan was the famous Silvern Rislam.
Silver Risalm was in Ryazan's (my previous Crabbet Arabian's) pedigree. Ratty Ry was another Arrogant Arabian. He was initially used as a breeding stallion by his owner. I think her name was Sue Dyson. He managed to produce one (rather uninspiring, imho) colt who was gelded and sank into oblivion.
Sadly, Mrs Dyson died young from cancer and her husband sold all her horses. Ryazan was eight at the time, and apparently quite a handful to manage. This was a trait he never lost, but could be stopped in his tracks by a sharp poke in front of his nearside shoulder, a brisk "Oi, you!" and firmly walking onwards, keeping his head close to one's elbow. His next owner couldn't manage him and he was again sold on to persons of a mobile nature. They couldn't manage him either, as he returned aggression x 5. I bought him, had him gelded, and though he never lost his naughty ways, we negotiated an mutually respectful relationship. I loved him dearly and was heartbroken when he was pts at 18, due to his sacroiliac joints being attacked by arthritis and meds no longer keeping the pain at bay.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Silver Risalm was in Ryazan's (my previous Crabbet Arabian's) pedigree. Ratty Ry was another Arrogant Arabian. He was initially used as a breeding stallion by his owner. I think her name was Sue Dyson. He managed to produce one (rather uninspiring, imho) colt who was gelded and sank into oblivion.
Sadly, Mrs Dyson died young from cancer and her husband sold all her horses. Ryazan was eight at the time, and apparently quite a handful to manage. This was a trait he never lost, but could be stopped in his tracks by a sharp poke in front of his nearside shoulder, a brisk "Oi, you!" and firmly walking onwards, keeping his head close to one's elbow. His next owner couldn't manage him and he was again sold on to persons of a mobile nature. They couldn't manage him either, as he returned aggression x 5. I bought him, had him gelded, and though he never lost his naughty ways, we negotiated an mutually respectful relationship. I loved him dearly and was heartbroken when he was pts at 18, due to his sacroiliac joints being attacked by arthritis and meds no longer keeping the pain at bay.
I do remember Sue Dyson she bred some nice horses

paddy555

Visit site
not sure if you are there (or PB ) but this is the place to be

so many blasts from the past and so many pics. of how they used to be. :D

Pinkvboots

Visit site

I was just looking on there 😆

I do like the crabett Arab's don't see them much now gone out of fashion

Parrotperson

Visit site
I knew one called ASBO for a very good reason 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

I too would like to know what in earth Elf did to get banned?!! I loved her posts.

DSB

Visit site
One of our mares is called
Nil Desperandum
She is the dams second foal, who between her first and second foal visited nine stallions without success
Took a lot of work to keep her in foal but she had three more foals before retiring as a nanny and last season adopted a orphan foal.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Not a cool name until recently, but we had a “Barbie”.

When I rang my vet to book a basic check when she arrived, they had a new young lady on reception. When the vet arrived, he asked if I had two new ones because he could have sworn I told him I was buying a partbred Arab but the horse he was booked to see must be a Thoroughbred because it was called ‘Please Don’t Judge Me’.

And it was at that moment that I realised that I had been automatically apologising for the horse, and saying “please don’t judge me, her name is Barbie” and the receptionist had heard “Please Don’t Judge Me” and written it down 😂

I'm Dun

Visit site
Just been looking at different posts on here as new to the forum. I had Mister Hardy! Not sure if you are still posting @Elf On A Shelf, but would love to hear how Mister Laurel is!

Shes on facebook, if you read through some of her posts you can work out which racehorse trainer she works for and contact her through their facebook page. If you get stuck, drop me a message and I can put you in touch via her personal facebook page.

I'm Dun

Visit site
My big lump and the millstone round my neck is called Knavesgreen Leo Walker. I've never really been able to find out why. If ever a horse warranted a big fancy human name though, its him!

Ratface

Visit site

Many thanks! I've just checked that post. He looks the image of naughty Ratty Ry. My late previous Arabian Ryazan. The same "Oh yeah? You and whose army??" Plus sneer!

MisterD

New User
Visit site
Shes on facebook, if you read through some of her posts you can work out which racehorse trainer she works for and contact her through their facebook page. If you get stuck, drop me a message and I can put you in touch via her personal facebook page.
Thank you. Think I've sent you a message!