Horses with unsuitable names!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
there is a very tall ex-racer at our yard called Kevin. It's not that it doesnt suit him, it just seems such an odd name for a horse in the first place!

Auslander

Visit site
I used to look after a mare called Fanny. This was at Millfield School - which is full of teenage boys. Never dared call her by her name whilst the polo bunch were on the yard!!

Visit site
I know a black horse called Chalkie! And the one I always find funniest is a Warmblood called Gucci - who doesn't have the best conformation, bless him! I always imagine that whoever named him was having a bit of a laugh!

Snowysadude

Visit site
Snowy... although lightened up he is still a dark dappled grey and hes a he.... not to mention the 17hh part! Hes no fluffy bunny like the name makes out :p

Foxhunter49

Visit site
Many years ago had a filly in the yard that was by Sound Track out of a mare called Creepy Crawley - she was named Tape Worm!

Horrid name but well thought out.

Serenity087

Now would I be a Kentish lass, or a lass of Kent?
Visit site
Ex racer called Service...
Riding school pony called Shelly. He was a boy...
RS pony, beautiful haflinger type, gelding, absolute psycho... Blondie...
Showjumper called Frog (actually, spose that works... ;) )

And the best, I've saved it until last...

Field.

A horse named Field.

We've also got the rather unfortunate combination of two ponies called Jed and Edward. Apparently if they ever go out together, they're known as Jedward...

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
When I was at college in Buckinghamshire I rode at RS between High Wycombe and Amersham (can't remember the name), many years ago, I rode a Cleveland BayX who was at least 17hh, dark bay, called Tiny. I remember him dumping me in a blackberry bush after sweeping me off under a tree branch - apparently that was his party trick!

BlizzardBudd

Visit site
the slowest plod ever called Flash
tiniest shetland called pip
bounty, went from bein chocolate brown to grey! rather lucky :D
Jigsaw, piebald who had a little black patch that looked like a jigsaw piece!

not very funny though, just kinda ironic :)

china

Visit site
my mini shet- jumbo ;-)
a 17.2 cb- Little
know a horse called dazzle, aka, spazzle

an old RS horse called sweetie. she was anything but. memories of being dragged over to the grass verge as a tiny 12 year old!
Also rode two horses called eric and roger ;-)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I have known 2 dark bays called Casper :p

I also knew a dark bay Casper (he was stabled at Hartwell, near Aylesbury. Just incase he was one of your Caspers). :) As he was born before the film about the ghost came out, I assumed that he was named after one of the three kings/Maji.

Swift08

Visit site
Knew a TB whose stable name was Zippy, with that you would expect something fast and he was far from it. His racing name did suit him though! I have a Misty and everyone thinks he's a mare at first :( even the vet sometimes slips up still and says she!

Its Not Magic

Visit site
I have a friend who has a horse named 'Prime', basically the name suited him as he was always primed to be naughty.

My friends husband 'hated' the horse and jokingly kept saying he was going to turn him into Pasty Meat :eek: However, whenever the husband turned up on the yard he always refered to the horse as 'pasty', actually calling the horse by this name.... and so the name stuck, ironically I think the horse, believed if he did not start behaving, he would actually end up in a pasty, as he is now as good as gold! :D :D

tonitot

Visit site
My girl is called Ethel which when I hear I think of old ladies, but she's only 4. I didn't think of the name, but knew her as it for six months before I got her and thought it suited her :) also there is a reason she was named Ethel. When she was a baby she was out with the other fillies and her and another filly they had named Dot (due to having a star) paired up together and so they had Dot and Ethel, like in Eastenders :)