Horses4homes...

rowan666

Visit site
Has anybody used horses4homes to advertise a horse/pony? I've made the decision to cut numbers and decided to try and rehome my daughter's sec A, I haven't had much luck with preloved so tried horses4homes which said it could take upto 2 days to aprove and publish ad but this was Monday and it's still pending now and they haven't responded to my email asking what the hold up is either, are they usually this slow or should I bombard them with emails till they respond or just give up and try rehoming one of the others instead!

Peggysue1977

New User
Visit site
I re-homed my section D mare with Horses4homes and was very lucky to find the most perfect person for my mare. It was not a quick process but for me the most important thing was finding the right home. This was 2 years ago and thanks to Facebook I get regular updates even though she is not mine anymore. They are a charity and have limited resources, but I found the staff very helpful in the re-homing process. Hope you find a good home for your Sec A

LHIS

Visit site
I found my loan pony (now own him) through this website and I believe Orca (perhaps she will see this thread) has also just listed her mare on there for a fixed-period loan. Perhaps she can give you a real-time evaluation of them.
I think they're a good option.

rowan666

Visit site
Thanks, I thought they would be the best option, I'm not particularly in any rush to rehome him i just lack time for them all and hes one of two that would be most rehomeable right now but if somebody only wanted him over the summer (which I know is what happens with alot of kids ponies and that would be fine) then it would be helpfull if his ad was published sooner rather than later, 4 days and counting just seems a long time to wait for approval

rowan666

Visit site
I've just received an email from them telling me that I should charge perspective loaner £100-150 donation as they think he is worth more than the £25 I selected!? who the bloody hell is going to pay that much for a temporary loan!? they also told me to state how long I want the loan to last despite me selecting 1 year (because it's mandatory and you can't submit without choosing anyway!) and I stated in the write up that I was open to long or short term loan! They also said I need to include my vets full address as apparently just the name of practice and town it's located in isn't enough because perspective loaners may wish to contact my them to check he's in good health!? why would anybody lie about that with a short term loan and what get practice would speak to a random person about an animal on their books before speaking to its owner first anyway?? they also suggested I increase the distance! why the help do they have options for you to chose if they are going to tell you that all the options you chose regarding your own pony and own wishes are wrong!!? I'm actually really quite annoyed right now can you tell! maybe ive just had a bit much to drink lol
and she spelt his name wrong!

Last edited:

be positive

Visit site
They cannot tell people to contact your vets before contacting you as that is not allowed, due to data protection the vets are not going to discuss his history with any strange person who contacts them, so why do they need the full details??
Do they take the donation or does it come to you? if it is for them then they are setting it high as it is in their interests not yours, I think I would be annoyed and look at doing the loan privately I am sure a small sensible pony will be easy enough to loan locally if you put the word out.

ihatework

Visit site
Rowan666 I had a similar experience and although did get my horse listed I didn't get any suitable responses. I rehomed privately in the end.

rowan666

Visit site
They cannot tell people to contact your vets before contacting you as that is not allowed, due to data protection the vets are not going to discuss his history with any strange person who contacts them, so why do they need the full details??
Do they take the donation or does it come to you? if it is for them then they are setting it high as it is in their interests not yours, I think I would be annoyed and look at doing the loan privately I am sure a small sensible pony will be easy enough to loan locally if you put the word out.
Well that's exactly what I thought. The donation goes to them so I can understand it in a way but that's probobly all he is worth as a sale price, little lead rein sec As are ten a penny. I will just put an ad up in the feed shop instead i think, I'm not sure what I expected from h4h tbh

rowan666

Visit site
Rowan666 I had a similar experience and although did get my horse listed I didn't get any suitable responses. I rehomed privately in the end.

Glad I'm not the only one, I'm really confused by their email, surely they know vets don't give out info to just anyone and who are they to tell me what I want for my pony is wrong! I don't mind if a kid wants to take him just for show season or summer hols as long as it's a suitable home and he lives out 24/7 unrugged, barefoot, always comes to call, doesn't require hard feed and isn't a lami risk so he's pretty easy to easy to take care of!