Horsesense saddlers, Solihull.

KatB

Visit site
Anyone used them? Experiences? And does anyone know what makes of saddle they stock? I want as wide a range as possible....and am currently struggling as the saddler I usually use and like only stocks brands that don't seem to work with Lucky :(

millitiger

Visit site
I bought Pilfer's Jaguar from them a few years ago- they were really helpful and we went through about 20 different saddles before finding one Pilfer really liked.

they do dozens of different makes- off the top of my head i tried Stubben, Amerigo, Albion, Black Country and Jaguar (obviously).

give them a ring- i was meant to go a few weeks ago for Millie but found a mobile saddler who could come out quicker who also had a great range- pm me perhaps if you want her number as i think she covers your area?

Wilbur_Force

Visit site
Yes, they are pretty much my local saddlery. Excellent range of saddles, got my dressage saddle from them, but generally not cheap. You do get what you pay for though. Excellent trial facilities too - I would recommend. :)

fingers_crossed

Visit site
They are brilliant. Really helpful and will really go the extra mile to make you happy. They will also be brutally honest with you if they have to be. Lizzie and lorraine are both lovely. They have an absolutely huge range, or will order in specially if you need to try something different without obligation. Amerigo, Albion, Jaguar, Prestige, Passier , Ideal, Elevator, Stubben and a few odd ones here and there too! You normally are best off going to them, they hire the arena out so you can use it (and the jumps) for test rides. Hope that helps! They were a last resort with my tricky horse so I will be forever grateful to them.

SmartieBean09

Visit site
Havent used them but I bought an Elevator Bridle which needed the noseband shortened. They offered to do it for me for free but I would have to cover postage which was about £10. In the end my saddler Kay Humphries did it free of charge when I took it onto her shop but I would have been happy to to pay them the £10.

Horsesense also sent me sample of the different coloured leather they do so that I could choose what one I wanted.

Very helpful and if I could afford it, I would have all of my saddlery from them :)

oystercatcher

Visit site
They are brilliant. Really helpful and will really go the extra mile to make you happy. They will also be brutally honest with you if they have to be. Lizzie and lorraine are both lovely. They have an absolutely huge range, or will order in specially if you need to try something different without obligation. Amerigo, Albion, Jaguar, Prestige, Passier , Ideal, Elevator, Stubben and a few odd ones here and there too! You normally are best off going to them, they hire the arena out so you can use it (and the jumps) for test rides. Hope that helps! They were a last resort with my tricky horse so I will be forever grateful to them.

I can second that!!

I had a real problem finding a saddle that fitted both me and my horse because I have freakisly long legs and my horse is very short coupled (he is 16.3hh and can fit on a 6ft rug) so it was very hard for me to find a style where my knees were not sticking out infrount of the knee blocks as i couldn't have the size seat that I needed but after trying about 15 saddles of all diffrent makes I finally found one that was perefect. And at no point did I feel pressured into buying one nor did they tell me to hurry up for other clients, they also said to feel free to pop down and have the saddle checked free of charge if I ever feel the need.

KatB

Visit site
Lovely, sounds good! Thank you! MickeyMoo, I do normally use Peter and Laura, but their main stock of "proper" jump saddles is Prestige, Barnsby and Jag, all of which unfortunately don't work with madam. :(

happihorse

Visit site
Yes, I have bought a couple of saddles from them in the past. They have super trial facilities and they have loads of saddles in stock, including all the top makes. I would definately recommend them.

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
I am biased.....I used to work there!
Lorraine and Lizzie both know their stuff. Every horse and rider is treated the same be they Olympic hopefuls or, as in my case hairy cob with a happy hack owner.
Loads of saddles to choose from and they won't stop till they find you the perfect one.

SteveGG

Visit site
Agree with what others have said they are really helpful. When I needed a dressage saddle they came down to Kent on a Saturday with lots of different makes & I eventually bought an Ideal.
I arranged to go up there on a Sunday to get them to check me saddles. They arranged for the saddler to be in that day & checked all 3 saddles including completely reflocking my jumping saddle. They were extremely helpful and although I can't remember how much they charged I seem to remember thinking it was quite cheap considering the effort they had gone to. Just wish they were a little closer to me !

applecart14

Visit site
Yes. We have known the girls in Horsesense for years as my O/H lives on site at Solihull Riding Club. Lizzie helped me find a lovely second hand saddle for my WB gelding and like Oyster Catcher experience, I tried many saddles before I found the one me and my horse were both comfortable with. Lizzie is very experienced in fitting saddles and some of the top riders in the country use horsesense for saddles. I was and still am very pleased with my Jeffries Falcon Event Saddle and can thoroughly recommend them.