Horseshoe keepsake

fatponee

Visit site
My mum's horse has just been put into retirement as she has been diagnosed with extensive kissing spines. She is struggling to hold condition and I'm not sure how long she has left :( She is having her shoes taken off tomorrow and I'm going to keep one for my mum as a momento. Is there somewhere I can send the shoe to be preserved/mounted/made pretty? Thank you in advance.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
If you're on facebook, I came across a nice site called Eqwine that make hearts and ornaments out of your horseshoes. If not, perhaps google horseshoe art?

When we got married we cleaned loads of our section A's cute shoes and sprayed them silver for balloon weights. It wasn't that hard to do. If there is any rust on them, get the farrier to heat them up again, then when cool, brush hard with a wire brush, then use a car wheel spray paint to colour them..

dianchi

Visit site
If you're on facebook, I came across a nice site called Eqwine that make hearts and ornaments out of your horseshoes. If not, perhaps google horseshoe art?

When we got married we cleaned loads of our section A's cute shoes and sprayed them silver for balloon weights. It wasn't that hard to do. If there is any rust on them, get the farrier to heat them up again, then when cool, brush hard with a wire brush, then use a car wheel spray paint to colour them..

What a clever idea!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
My OH is a mechanic with his own garage, and says he will make some for me and friends for Xmas, he thinks they would be fairly easy to do. I just need to get him going on them!

ps, re the eqwine site, I've not bought any, but was going to before OH decided he could do them. They were just fairly cheap and looked good..

GinaGem

Visit site
I had my girls shoes plated by a local metalwork company:
IMG_3227_zps2fa936da.jpg
IMG_3226_zps0a51080a.jpg

They don't look it but they are a very shiny gold colour.