Horsewalker Help Please?

stoneybroke

Visit site
Hey - just about to put a walker in - just a 4 horse....nothing glam - inner and outer cages - anyone with experience of Kylix, Claydon or Adershot are the ones I am looking at - a Monarch did not quite fit the limited budget. Thanks so much

Vetwrap

Visit site
Our livery yard has a Claydon 5 horse walker. It is housed in a barn, so undercover and was put down on a concrete base. It is bi-directional and is an absolute God send! I don't know what model it is and I think that it is about 8 years old. Every now and then, it needs some maintainence, mainly when people are a little over zealous with the directional lever and this can sometimes cause the gears to stick, but the YO has (touch wood) always been able to repair it so far.

Hope this helps in some way.

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
I have a 4 horse one from equestrian essentials, with outer and inner rubberised cage, fluid speed adjustment and bi-directional. I quite like it, it is very good for the budget, very low on maintenance and doesn't cost an Earth to run. It's outdoors, it has a concrete pad for the mechanism and concrete tracks for the fences, which create a tunnel for the track surface, which is hardcore/road planings under a thin layer of sand.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Do NOT touch Kylix UK with a barge pole!!!

We bought a 'decent' walker off them 4 years ago and had nothing but problems. Since we've had it we've spent £1,500 trying to get it right. Kylix UK will not help at all and even sceamed down the phone at us. So we contacted Kylix Netherlands and it turns out it isn't a Kylix walker we have but a PPS (?) it just looks like a Kylix, but the mechanics are NOTHING like it should be.

It means it will not work when there is even the slightest of breezes!!!

So in next few weeks Kylix Netherlands are sending us a brand new bottom part (the motor bit) and hopefully will sort it.

When it is working I love it as it has a big diameter 50ft, and I love the programme box and the fact it only consumes 500W per hour.

So if you go for a Kylix go to Kylix Netherlands and NOT UK!!!! as they are completely seperate.

Rob Lakeside

Visit site
Hi
At lakeside I put in an Aldeshot Horse walker, as the company is based in Farnham Surrey.

Excellant
professional company,
Excellant value of money
Finally has come out if we had any problems.
In three years with 50 horses on the yard we only suffered From frozen pipes.

MotherGroom

Visit site
Hi just read your post about Kylix, thanks for the warning! I'm just getting quotes and one is from a company called RSS in Yorkshire, could that be the one you were thinking of? If so I don't want to touch it!!

Visit site
We have Claydons at work and we have never had any problems with them. They are used for about 4 hours a day every day and apart from the odd oil change they have been grand servents.

MillionDollar

Visit site
No, it was definitely PPS. The Kylix Netherlands we have now is fantastic, and working fine and a lovely company to deal with. Just remember Kylix UK is nothing to do with Kylix Netherlands. KN have tried to get legal advise about KUK but there's nothing they can do.

We also have a Claydon now which is also amazing, and again a lovely company to deal with!

MotherGroom

Visit site
Thanks very much, what a minefield!! The last tenant took walker with them so trying to replace it. FYI I understand from Claydon they had stability issues and now build the arm stand on a hexagonal base as it's more stable than the square one. I've been given a good offer from a new company called Worcestershire horse walkers, ever heard of them? He said they they knew they were up against the best i.e. Claydon and Monarch so aimed to make their walker better and give a better after service! Hope you are trouble free with your from now on!

Zerotolerance

Visit site
We got our new walker from Premier Horse Walkers in 2014. Great service and really good price and been absolutely fine so far. I got quotes from all the usual suspects and this was the best price.

MotherGroom

Visit site
For everyone's information, my reply finally came in from Kylix UK Walkers; we asked for a quote for a reasonably priced 4 horse walker for a small private yard. They said; We don't do budget walkers, suggest you try the Internet.
They clearly don't want the business do they!!