Horseware Fly rug waterproof under rug??

S_N

Visit site
Anyone used one? I saw a lyer for them yesterday in a tack shop. They are supposed to fit under any horseware fly rug and are totally breatable and waterproof and also wick moisture. Anyone used one? Thanks

maxi

Visit site
I might be being a bit dim here ... but whats the point of putting a fly sheet over one of these the, surely the underug would keep flys off? Or if you want a waterproof breatable rug why not just use a full neck lightweight turnout
confused.gif

maxi

Visit site
suppose I need to see it really to know what they mean, but I always find that if its rainy the flies aren't as bad.
sounds like a marketing ploy and a waste of money to me!

Chex

Visit site
I've not seen these before, but it sounds like a good idea. I need Chex fly rug on for his sweetitch, but if its a bit damp I can't really have that and a lightweight on without one of them rubbing and not fitting.

Horseymum

Visit site
I have the waterproof underrug for under my Amigo Bug Rug. Haven't actually had to use it yet as it hasn't rained in the last 3 weeks since my mare started wearing her Bug Rug but she has tried it on and it is a good fit on her (a chunky hanoverian). I bought it because she trashed her LW turnout at the end of last summer and I was going to buy a fly sheet and a new LW but thought this was a good idea when I saw it. It isn't very long, comes to about halfway down their sides, the idea being that it keeps their back dry but air can still circulate lower down. It fastens with velcro straps at the neck on a spare D between the two D's at each side that the neck cover fits onto so you can use everything at once and also has two clips at the back which fit onto the D's where the fillet string is. Hope that helps.
smile.gif

druid

Visit site
Saw them at the factory prior to release, great idea - sort of a summer duo. (And as a bonus it menat their "old" lines were only €20 a flyrug
laugh.gif
)