Horseware Liner Compatible Rugs

josie_s

Visit site
Hey
I've been thinking of getting a rug liner system for my boy. But am confused as to which of the Horseware rugs are suitable for liners? Stable and Turnout wise?
Do you have one and if so which? Is it only Rambo's that are fitted with clips?
Please help me shed some light on this

Follysmum

Visit site
I have the stripey newmarket stable rugs that are compatible and also have bought a few of the rhino lightweights that are also.

EmmaC78

Visit site
I have a Duo which is compatable and so are the Rambo Supremes. The Rhino Originals can be used with the liners as I have been looking at those recently and am thinking of buying one. The Amigos are as well. I think it depends on the type of neck the rug has. I have been looking at the high neck rugs but they don't work with the liners but most of the newer standard neck Rambo's, Rhino's and Amigo's seem to have the liner loops.

whizzer

Visit site
I've got an amigo with liners,very pleased with it. The liners also fit my premier equine should I need another layer with that. And I've used one of the liners under a stable rug at night & it stayed put.

RobinHood

Visit site
I use Rambo liners under all different makes of stable and turnout rugs and they don't move. I attach the rear clips to the fillet string D rings and I don't bother with the front attachments unless I'm turning the horse out overnight.

If you really wanted to attach the liner to the front if a non compatible rug you could just sew 2 if the metal loops on.

EmmaC78

Visit site
Robin Hood - Do you just use the liners with standard neck rugs or do you use them with high neck rugs as well? Am thinking of getting a Rhino Wug high neck but wasn't sure if the liners would stay in place under it.

Eggshells

Visit site
Happy Christmas!

Not tried the PE lines in Horseware rugs or visa versa so can't comment on that, but if your Horseware rug has 3 metal loops each side of the neck (so 6 in total - 4 for the hood, 2 for the liner) it will take a liner. I think most of the Horseware rugs being produced now do take the liner systems but not sure about the Wug rugs..

RobinHood

Visit site
Robin Hood - Do you just use the liners with standard neck rugs or do you use them with high neck rugs as well? Am thinking of getting a Rhino Wug high neck but wasn't sure if the liners would stay in place under it.

No I haven't tried a liner under a wug, but they have been fine under a weatherbeeta combo so not attached at the front.

I've got one pony wearing a PE liner under an amigo rug and another with Rambo liners under his fal, rhino or weatherbeeta rugs. I've never had one slip or move.

EmmaC78

Visit site
No I haven't tried a liner under a wug, but they have been fine under a weatherbeeta combo so not attached at the front.

I've got one pony wearing a PE liner under an amigo rug and another with Rambo liners under his fal, rhino or weatherbeeta rugs. I've never had one slip or move.

Great thanks. I think I can justify buying the Wug then :)

Cheiro1

Visit site
I never use the front attachment on my liners, only the back clips. This means they are basically compatible with ANY rug, I use them under a variety of rugs :)