Horseware rug fit - Rhino vs Amigo

zola89

Visit site
So I'm thinking of spoiling my girl by replacing her 200g Amigo and 300g Weatherbeeta with a 200g Rhino and use an existing 100g liner. I don't hugely need to as thankfully she looks after her rugs but I have seen the Rhino on offer and after having bought a higher denier lightweight last year I have been seriously impressed and would like to swap the others if I can.

Does anybody know if the Rhinos fit in the same way as the Amigo? The Amigos fit her really nicer (much better than the Weatherbeeta) and would like to be sure before ordering online! TIA

tickety_boo

Visit site
I've got one who Amigo's fit like a glove, and one (built like a bulldog) who Amigos most definitely do not fit at all and who seems to only fit into a Rhino as they are built for big shoulders/necks. If you are happy with how your Amigos fit, I would stick with Amigos.

Summit

Visit site
I use rhinos, amigos and rambos. Love the way they fit by TB and to be honest I think the fit is similar across the rugs. If you’ve seen s good offer on a rhino then go for it. I believe the order of toughness is Rambo, rhino, amigo (bravo better than hero) then mio

TGM

Visit site
What type of Amigo are you currently using? If you are using a 600 denier Amigo Mio then you might be better to go for the 1200 denier Amigo Bravo if you want higher denier but like the Amigo fit.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think my standard neck rhino probably fits a bit wider across the shoulders than the amigo equivalent. Most are v-necks though which fit both the skinny shouldered and wide one well as they seem to fit further forward on the wide one so you don't get any shoulder pull.

zola89

Visit site
What type of Amigo are you currently using? If you are using a 600 denier Amigo Mio then you might be better to go for the 1200 denier Amigo Bravo if you want higher denier but like the Amigo fit.
The 200g I want to replace is just the 600d but the rainsheet I bought last year was the Amigo Bravo with 1200d and it is much better quality!

gryff

Visit site
My Arab has been in 5.9 Amigos, Rhinos and Rambos.
My Welsh cob, however, fits 5.9 Rhino and Rambo, but needs a 6ft Amigo. He is broader and bigger shouldered than my Arab.

leflynn

Visit site
I had amigo 1200d's but splashed out last year on a rambo and it is such a nicer fit (little TB), never tried a rhino but imagine they will be slightly nicer cut round the neck/legs as the rambo is

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
My Arab has been in 5.9 Amigos, Rhinos and Rambos.
My Welsh cob, however, fits 5.9 Rhino and Rambo, but needs a 6ft Amigo. He is broader and bigger shouldered than my Arab.
I've had similar experience with ours, the anglo is in 6' everything, the welshie is 6' in an amigo, somewhere in between for a v-neck rhino (I go for a 6' otherwise his bum sticks out as it sits forwards) but definitely only a 5'9 in his rambo

Louby

Visit site
Just wanted to add Clivinger Equine Laundry on Facebook have some fab Horseware deals. Sizes can be limited but they have the 1200d 200g Amigo with a detachable neck for £60 atm! Only in 6'3 though. They have the 250g in more sizes too. They have nothing to do with me but they are quite local so I liked their page. They do post.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
My Amigo was OK or 2 seasons, but had wildly long belly straps that I had to take in by hand, and was not waterproof after that, so I washed, reproofed and sold it on.

My Rhinos were waterproof for over 15 years, and the latest (new horse so smaller size (grr)) is better tailored so less pressure on withers/neck and just feels better quality.

I have not gone for the daft Velcro disk fastening, I have the V clips.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
So I'm thinking of spoiling my girl by replacing her 200g Amigo and 300g Weatherbeeta with a 200g Rhino and use an existing 100g liner. I don't hugely need to as thankfully she looks after her rugs but I have seen the Rhino on offer and after having bought a higher denier lightweight last year I have been seriously impressed and would like to swap the others if I can.

Does anybody know if the Rhinos fit in the same way as the Amigo? The Amigos fit her really nicer (much better than the Weatherbeeta) and would like to be sure before ordering online! TIA
Had both and don't like either.

Comparison wise.

Rhino's are decent rugs - don't like the shoulder buckles , not too good if you have big shoulder horses like draughts as they are too snug

Amigos, better fitting for big chested horses but cheaper made and can leak after one years use like mine did.

I would go Rhino out of those two

I prefer Shires- Fal for turnouts myself.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I found the Rhinos sit between the Weatherbeetas and Amigos fit wise. I have 2 tbs, one chunky, one finer. The chunky one suits Wbs, Rhinos are OK just on him and Amigos too tight round the shoulders. If I go up a size they are too long.
My other one I have to go a size down in WBs and Amigos just about OK but Rhinos fit perfectly.

Whichever I am going for I like the high/half neck ones as it seems to bring the pressure points forward of the withers/shoulders and suits mine best.

Just to add, with Weatherbeetas the model can make a big difference, mine though old now are the more expensive higher end rug, I bought a budget one and it was a bit skimpy.

zola89

Visit site
Just wanted to add Clivinger Equine Laundry on Facebook have some fab Horseware deals. Sizes can be limited but they have the 1200d 200g Amigo with a detachable neck for £60 atm! Only in 6'3 though. They have the 250g in more sizes too. They have nothing to do with me but they are quite local so I liked their page. They do post.

Some really good offers on here! Unfortunately none in a 6'9! I've also just noticed that the original Rhino is a full neck so I'm pretty sure I won't be able to add the liner in! Back to square one but now I've got the bug to change to a better rug!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I’ve just bought a couple of Rhinos a no fill and a 200g. Both I’d say come up shorter in length than the Amigos or Rambos.