Horsey achievement of the week?

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Just for fun - any achievement from this past week with our four legged friend, however big or small.

Mine was popping a couple of cross poles in the school today, and my boy (who was literally on death's door a few weeks ago) being perfect, very happy, healthy and loving life. It's honestly like a miracle. Feel like I've just won HOYS :D

Anyone else had a good horse week?

blodwyn1

Visit site
I have hacked out on my old pony in walk! She is recovering from laminitis ,and I have been out of action for 6 months with fractured vertebra from a fall from my younger d mare.

biggingerpony

Visit site
I had a fantastic lesson today on my horse. Worked on his self carriage and ensuring he doesn't totally rely on me to hold him together all the time. He was brilliant and we had a lightbulb moment at the end of the lesson. When I compare him to how he was when I got him in December there's no comparison! Love him! :)

Last edited:

DizzyMare

Visit site
My daughter (who is 3 next month) and I went for our first hack together. Didn't go very far as it was the first time with me riding and leading but still a bit of a landmark for us.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
We have a new horse, Betty. My achievement is that we survived the week, no issues. I have lunged her, ridden three times, and boxed her to the farrier's forge. Not sure she is a keeper yet, she is big, and I am finding it all very tiring even though she has done no wrong. I wonder if she would make someone else happier than me.

She looks better though, heels clipped, shod, wormed, trimmed and pulled.

Princess16

Visit site
We have a new horse, Betty. My achievement is that we survived the week, no issues. I have lunged her, ridden three times, and boxed her to the farrier's forge. Not sure she is a keeper yet, she is big, and I am finding it all very tiring even though she has done no wrong. I wonder if she would make someone else happier than me.

She looks better though, heels clipped, shod, wormed, trimmed and pulled.

Oh no are you regretting getting her ? And you were so excited when she arrived

njyr

Visit site
Went xc schooling and for the first time Abbey went through water without a lead :), we also jumped a small ditch and lots of other small fences. I'm thrilled to bits with her - 4th time seeing xc fences and while she showed her greeness, she was a total superstar :)

atropa

Visit site
Today I managed to calmly have my horse stand by the mounting block and stay there while I got on without swinging her quarters away or bolting off. We've been working on it for 5 weeks.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Getting ready for clipping and managed to bath the 15.2 without fuss. Usually she puts her head up so high I can't reach and the water goes down my sleeve. Today she put her head up a bit but let little me, standing on a box, wash her forelock, round her ears and under her jaw.

Woolly Hat n Wellies

Visit site
Today my mum completed her first dressage test in 20 years on my horse, and came 2nd out of a class of 12 with 65%.

My mum had a bad experience about 16 years ago and at one stage had said she'd never ride again, and my horse had previously been described as 'doesn't do schooling' and even my mum thought he'd never make it round an intro test when I started working on him.

I'm so proud of both of them.

Stockers

Visit site
I jumped today (albeit s teeny cross pole - but did it several times) for the first time in ten months following a major wobble. Did it off the back of the hack from hell - figured if I could survive that jumping would be a piece of cake. It was��

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Fully clipping (only legs left on) my mare for the first time ever earlier in the week, she previously needed IV sedation from vet. She was perfect, so must of suddenly decided that clippers aren't that scary after all.

spotty_pony2

Visit site
Jumping a big hedge out hunting last Friday on my little 15hh superstar of a horse! There was a big drop on landing, but he made nothing of it and felt fantastic! :D

StephBiscuit

Visit site
Was riding on the (very busy) beach this morning, and a rugby ball landed right next to my cob, Jazz and he didn't even bat an eyelid! I thought that we would be heading of in the other direction rather sharpish!

Buckskinspots

Visit site
I've had 2 big achievements this week with one of mine. He jumped his first ever 60 cm upright after previously being terrified of poles on the ground and also gave him a blanket clip without domosedan that I have had to use previously. His halo slipped today though after nearly decking me out in a hack when he did 180° spin after spooking at a man walking round the corner. He was full of it the whole ride,such a muppet!

buddylove

Visit site
Found a perfect little shetty x first pony for my girls.
They adored her and both trotted even though it was their first time riding. Very proud!

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Great to hear this! Was wondering how you were getting on :).

Thank you. Yes, he seems to going from strength to strength on this new medication. He will have to be on it long term but as long as he's happy and healthy then it's all good :) Sounds strange to say this but after almost losing him and starting grieving for him before he'd even gone, makes me appreciate him so much more.