Horsey clothing - where to shop without the massive price tag!

lucky7

Visit site
Looking for some smart horsey wear for lessons and clinics without the massive price tag! mainly long sleeved tops that are hard wearing and warm and 3 nice gillets and a decent waterproof for hacking thats warm! I love colour too so looking for nice bright colours.
Love the pikeur range but dont like the £150+ price tag! :(
I have a nice light weight jacket in purple from regetta but its very thin and summer weight plus no vents so have switich to the shorter versions but would prefer something longer in length
Where do you shop for your horsey riding wear?

Branna

Visit site
I'm resorting to decathlon for base layers. Bought a couple of nice gilets from Rydale who have some really good budget riding clothing.
Wylde equestrian have a fab sale on lots of last season Pikeur at the moment, wish I could justify buying another winter jacket!

Walrus

Visit site
Second vote for Decathlon, I bought a pair of their "pricier" breeches (£39.99) and have got loads of compliments on them. They also do nice tops and gilets (of which I have bought quite a few!). I ALSO bought a waterproof jacket to wear for work and my OH even bought his sunglasses from them. :)

I.M.N.

Visit site
Horze, loads of things that look identical to the big brands but for half (or less) the price, plus they have a pretty much constant sale. I think it's Dutch but things arrive very quickly and they quiet often have free shipping.

Fiona

Visit site
The hope valley saddlery has a really good clothes sale section some well known names very cheap.

I second this..

Ordered myself a musto goretex for 99 pounds reduced from 250... Hoping their delivery covers ni though. It wasn't v specific.

Baselayers either decathlon or mountain warehouse. ..

Fiona

nato

Visit site
For tops I buy everything from Primark. Vests, t-shirts, long sleeves and zip upz are all bought there and do well with my matchy matchy :)

I also quite like H & M for base layers.

I only ever go to equestrian stores for breeches, socks, and jackets/gilets.

sportsmansB

Visit site
I go to Sport Pursuit.com for waterproof stuff- it has really good outdoor gear at knockdown prices- as long as you don't care about a funky colour or whatever
And Decathlon for fleeces etc
I buy good breeches & that's it!

Casey76

Visit site
I get nearly all of my gear at Decathlon - I'm lucky in that I have a megastore about 20 mins away from me. Consequetly I have piles of fleeces, zip ups, long sleeved T shirts, technical T shirts etc. I find their jods a bit of a funny size, but the prices are good.

Despite the low prices, I find their stuff pretty hard wearing, especially the T shirts.

fishy

Visit site
Another vote for Decathlon. I have their kipwarm breeches which are great for winter (soft shell and fleecy lined) and a coat that must be into its 3rd winter now with a zip out body warmer. There hiking fleeces are usually 3 for £20 and are great (but not very generous in size I find). Aldi Ski wear (usually January time) has great base layers and socks. Also Horze has some lovely stuff and Hope Valley Saddlery some great bargains. I also really like the look of some of the Chillout horse wear jodphurs (must add them to the ever growing Christmas list!)

Tash88

Visit site
If you want to try a different horsey brand then I really recommend Noble Outfitters, it's like a cheaper version of Musto and a little more stylish. Not blingy but just good quality outdoor clothes. I only have their base layers at the moment but I'll definitely be buying more for the winter; I really like the cowl-neck jumpers. They do nice accessories as well, like grooming bags etc. Happy shoppping!