Horsey goals for 2012 - what are yours?

Zimzim

Visit site
Well my main aim this year is to get my youngster backed - with the help of my friend were already in the process of developing his ground work which Im very pleased with and Im doing it slowly. So at least by the end of the year I want to be hacking him and doing basic school work.

And then my mare were going to be doing our first endurance competitions, so quite exciting!!! :)

Bionic Boy

Visit site
My horse broke his elbow last October so my goals so far have been getting through that. It has been a very long hard winter but he finally got turned out into a small area last weekend so all my goals so far this year have been achieved. As for the rest of the year - my main goal is just for me and him to be happy and enjoy some nice chilled out hacking together. Anything else will be a bonus.

mturnbull

Visit site
My main aim is to get my beautfiul foalie out competing in sports horse and youngstock classes, hopefully qualifying for some of the bigger shows up here! However that all depends what she looks like after she loses her winter woolies because i know i have very strong rose tinted glasses on and think shes wonderful, as any mother should! ;-)

Lolo

Visit site
I want to try and get to as many competitions and support my little sister as I can- last year, I managed all but 3 but this year my schedule is even more ridiculous and I know I'm already missing the PC area dressage :(

For me, I want to ride a little more and maybe do another SJ round on SuperCob if his owner lets me- I'm amazing at hotting up horses, and that's so not what he needs!

For Al, I just want her to have the fun she deserves after last year's incredible slog!!

muddygreymare

Visit site
I want to take Bella to some little local competitions, get her doing little clear round classes and generally have some fun! Hopefully getting transport this year and would like to take her to the beach too :)

rowy

Visit site
Dancer goals:
- Get her training at a good medium level- crack our simple changes as out of all dressage moves, these are what she finds the hardest!
- Do an elem test by the end of the year and qual for regionals at novice and prelim.

Rowan:
- Get him working at home at elem level. He finds movements pretty easy to learn but its getting him steady in the contact and working through properly and staying balanced.
- Do our first novice tests :D

dancebaben

Visit site
I'm backing my youngster. He's an absolute dude so he should be simple as pie and possibly looking at getting the shire x into side saddle... really want to do side saddle classes with him. :D

jenki13

Visit site
To get some more training in!

We've conquered ditches (yesterday) :D & my other main objective is to get over a water tray without my horse dumping me in it (or getting close to)!

I would also love to compete some more as have only done 2/3 competitions in the last 3 years... I've had my horse for 7 years this march :eek: but we really haven't done a lot, with me having 3 years at uni, & in the year before that having to have 6 months off riding... so my rising 14 yr old is like a 7 yr old in experience (she was already 2yrs/18months behind when i got her)

AMW

Visit site
To get back riding in the ring after a 21 year break! I've owned my pony since she was 9 months old, broke her last year at 3 & have just started with her again, she is a wee honey.
I look at all the youngsters riding and think I'm probably too old but hey what the hell!

Damnation

Visit site
Get my horse ridden, fit, my confidence up, and enjoying some hacking!

Maybe we will even venture out to a nice prelim test. That would be a massive bonus though!

Karran

Visit site
I only posted that pic because I couldn't think how to explain what I meant other than just sayaing horseball. Plus I'm always canvassing for interest in horseball / new players in Essex... :D

I saw a horseball tournament at Lea Valley a couple of years ago. My OH took me as a surprise :) :) I saw some kids play some matches/games and then a professional French side play an English team. It looked loads of fun, although not sure I could bounce down and back up again!

Kallibear

Visit site
To get Fat Pips fit, slim and raring to go.

To go to as many Common Rides as we can manage

To go XC schooling (to help his Oomph over jumps)

To go swimming at the beach again.

The Highland Show (prob with a pony)

Get him fit enough to hunt next winter

To go on a horse holiday somewhere

To break and get hacking quietly an older clydesdale i've been given, then find her a lovely home.

To find time and money to acheive it all!!

tikino

Visit site
I think people should post pics of their foals/young stock so I can go all gooey and go nawwwww :D
ok black horse her is my girls pictures from foal
ebonyrose002.jpg

ebonyrose005.jpg

DSCF3841.jpg

_MG_1218-1.jpg

_MG_1198.jpg

Shantara

Visit site
Get Neddy out by himself
Complete the Championships (I honestly don't expect to place, I just want to finish)
Try and get 1st in one of the shows
Get him trailer broken
Get him leading the ride (Kinda done this one, but not for very long)

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
I want to start competing properly. And find a horse for me to compete on as my 4 aren't really ideal, as thoroughbred on box rest, Arab no more than a happy hacker with odd bit of schooling, far to nappy for the ring, clydesdale well... weve done local inhand and a bit of dressage, and i'm far to big and old to affiliate the pony in BSJA ^_^

stacey_lou

Visit site
It funny my friend and i rode around the Xc the other day as they were putting all the fences out and discussing which fences were our goals this year.

I jumped ahead of our goals last year and we conquered Trekaners (dont know thats spelt correctly) but this year its confidence jumping and dressage on grass, jumping skinnies and competing perhaps 2 or 3 BE ODE's by the end of the year

The chances are as soon as I get her out she will surprise me they can all get a little bored at home cant they.

Good Luck everyone its nice to have goals.

SamanthaUK

Visit site
Spring: Getting KC broken and riding. And hopefully getting her up to full fitness and maybe jumping/hacking. Unsure yet!
Summer: Continue with KC. Will keep you all updated.
Autumn: Hopefully KC will be broken by then. Maybe the other thoroughbred 'Polly' will be too. Also, Starting at Craven College doing a Level 3 diploma in horse management. (If I get the grades)
Winter: College, Horses, College. :}

flashmans

Visit site
Spring: Getting KC broken and riding. And hopefully getting her up to full fitness and maybe jumping/hacking. Unsure yet!
Summer: Continue with KC. Will keep you all updated.
Autumn: Hopefully KC will be broken by then. Maybe the other thoroughbred 'Polly' will be too. Also, Starting at Craven College doing a Level 3 diploma in horse management. (If I get the grades)
Winter: College, Horses, College. :}

Sounds like a good year! How old is KC? :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
I saw a horseball tournament at Lea Valley a couple of years ago. My OH took me as a surprise :) :) I saw some kids play some matches/games and then a professional French side play an English team. It looked loads of fun, although not sure I could bounce down and back up again!

They play a lot at Lee Valley. There's a couple of tournaments - well a league weekend and the Southern tournament - in May this year :) The French take it very seriously - they're amazing :eek: I can't throw myself down they way they do either :eek: I'd never get back up :eek: