Horsey Hen doo ideas?

samsurrey

New User
Visit site
Hi all,
Wonder if anyone has any ideas for a horsey hem doo? I am having mine next year and am stuck for something I would love to do, but would also work for friends with little or no riding experience! I'm in Surrey, buthe could stay overnight somewhere. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Kat_Bath

Visit site
I'm going riding for a half day with Tregoyd for a friend's mini hen (she's got a proper one too but the girl organising hasn't arranged any "extreme" activities which is what the hen wanted so we're doing a surprise day). There's a group of 7 of us and we're all mixed ability. If I remember, I'll update when back but if not, PM after 27 August and I can tell you all about it! There's lots to do in that area so our could easily make a weekend of it.

ihatework

Visit site
Box at the races
Polo
Membership enclosure at one of the big horse trials
Something along the line of a day jousting or similar

dominobrown

Visit site
Where i used to work we did them. It did other activties for people who really didnt like horses too, but it was hapagne and strawberries and a ride out in the lakes, the most went down to lake, pub or spa afterwards. It went down quite well with compeletely non horsey types too. It worked as we had a range of horses and good split the ride to the more ecperienced got a canter etc. Also we did other things like archery etc. They do packages. If interested i could message you the place name and details

Dunlin

Visit site
My friends hen do was Blair Castle horse trials and to make it more special we flew up, it was great because for the non horsey you had shopping, great food and drink and for the horsey, well, horse trials, shopping, food and drink! Another friend had her hen do last year and did Olympia which never fails to entertain the non-horsey!

samsurrey

New User
Visit site
Oooh yes please dominobrown! Would love details, sounds brilliant!
Thanks everyone for suggestions, all really helpful :)

Last edited:

Luci07

Visit site
We all went to Wellington 3*. Took a big picnic, champagne and taxi. Wellington gave us a bottle of champagne to celebrate as well! When are you thinking? As Burghley will have all the shopping and horses...

Newlands

Visit site
Guessing you're Surrey? There is (I think) it's called Hurst Green Shires. Then onto Lingfield, stay in the hotel, afternoon tea?

Tapir

Visit site
A couple of years ago a friend did a learn to play polo hen do at the White Rose Polo club. It was a fab day, the non-riders could have a go and everyone really enjoyed it. I'd definitely recommend if there's anywhere in your area that offers it.

joulsey

Visit site
I would say get a box at the races, mostp eople enjoy a flutter, you can all get dressed up and enjoy some champagne. depending what course you are at you can book a hotel and then go for a night out around the town (York or somewhere like that)

Mrs B

Visit site
*NB this is not a recommendation but hope you find something great!*

Years ago, I went on a Horsey Hen Do in Hay-on-Wye ... 2 days of trekking. It pee'd it down the entire weekend ... the big highlight for all was watching a friend of mine manage to change into wet weather gear, top AND trousers, without stopping or dismounting ...