Horsey item you can't live without but hardly anyone else has?

Shadowdancing

Visit site
Share your little gems! For me:

Lightweight rubber mats- they're not the conventional black things, they were from ebay and are grey and were sold as equi mats. They make a super bed with a dusting of straw on top and I just lift them up each day to let the floor dry then put them back down. They can move a little but not much and my horse is happy with them.

Harbridge- what a revelation. My horse's reaction to spooky stuff is to chuck her head in the air and keep it there getting more and more uptight and disrupting schooling or lessons, but under too much pressure she just dips behind the the bit. On her spooky days the harbridge is the best training aid I could use, don't even need to have it tight, but with regular use that muscle that was developing on the underside of her neck is easing and we're getting much more stretching down. Hurray! Still many people have no idea what it is!

What's yours?

Shay

Visit site
The perfect PC Pony. And he's not going anywhere!

(Off-set by the mad ISH - everyone has to have balance....)

pennyturner

Visit site
Round sprung curry comb. Just the thing for turning your equihippo into something you can put a saddle on from the field.
Currently leaving a carpet of hair an inch thick on the ground around every pony :)

Ella19

Visit site
A grooming kit! People always comment how clean and shiny my pony is. They ask what on earth do I do to keep my ponies so clean. the answer is a full groom every other day and a curry comb and body brush on the other - simples! you'd be suprised how many people don't know how to full groom a horse let alone use a brush every now and again!

Wimbles

Visit site
Probably not all that rare but I couldn't live without Gentian Violet spray. Fantastic stuff for all types of injury and I often use it on myself too (helped with some terrible symptoms of my glandular fever!!)

9tails

Visit site
Speediskip rake. I can pick up scattered poos on the grazing and leave nothing behind. Those poop scoops with metal sticks are useless in comparison.

JenJ

Visit site
Cactus mitt. My boy has a fairly fine coat year round, and this gets rid of all mud/sweat/dust and leaves him super shiny. I've never even touched him with a brush.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
A grooming kit! People always comment how clean and shiny my pony is. They ask what on earth do I do to keep my ponies so clean. the answer is a full groom every other day and a curry comb and body brush on the other - simples! you'd be suprised how many people don't know how to full groom a horse let alone use a brush every now and again!

Funny, they say the same to me and I only brush when necessary ;)

Dubsie

Visit site
My daughter's old terry squares. Dampen, run over the (bay, we don't do grey) pony/horse. Takes all the dust off leaves horse gleaming.

Small pot of Ranipur - the people at shows who polish your shoes. SHines any tack or boots very quickly.

tina60

Visit site
A Furminator that I also use on my dogs its brilliant for when he's losing his winter coat and it comes up lovely and shiny too! My pony could stand all day having this done - he loves it!

Leo Walker

Visit site
A wheelie bin for his hay and a thing with wheels that holds a water trug. I'm physically a bit knackered so everything I have and do is about making life as easy as possible! Other than that I have a weird curry comb thingy with roller balls in it, the cob LOVES it!

ironhorse

Visit site
Jelly comb - very soft flexible curry comb. Excellent for getting hair out, removing dust and sweat as well as mud.

Nylon sheet with no front fastenings - they never rub, breathable, very lightweight summer sheet. Sadly have to be imported from the USA or Europe :(

Deltaflyer

Visit site
These: http://www.horsehealth.co.uk/grooming/grooming-box/grooming-mitts/hands-on-grooming-mitt

I've only had them a few weeks but I will never be without a pair from now on.

This is my post about how my horse reacted to them.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/foru...s-being-brushed&highlight=horse+hates+brushed

I bought these, they are brilliant and Sam absolutely adores being groomed with them. Trouble is, he loves it so much he gets quite grumpy when I stop LOL

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I seem to be the only person at my yard that uses the shallow style trug buckets to feed! everyone else uses tall buckets, which i'd only use for water!

Jo1987

Visit site
Eucalyptus oil for killing off thrush! And my waterproof fly sheet, not that uncommon I know, but only one other person has one on my (very large) yard, such a useful invention!

Limbo1

Visit site
Wet wipes - great for nose, eyes etc. Doubles up for me too.

Ragwort fork (not mine my liveries but amazing bit of kit).

NZJenny

Visit site
Hemp seed cake. Like linseed, only better. However, given it is only available in limited quantities, I'll happily keep it a secret.

Enfys

Visit site
Automatic heated water troughs, heated water buckets, and heated bowls for smaller animals. I simply cannot fathom why all these are not readily available in the UK. Of course they are the norm here.

Also expandable hose pipes.

Rope reins, I don't mean twisted lead rope s, but lovely soft big clip on reins. I tried regular flat leather reins again recently, I actually came back home and changed them out again, hated them :( How bad is that?

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
My tack cupboard, I helped design mine so fits in the tiny space I had for it perfectly and can stores 6 saddles and countless other bits and bobs all while looking like a humble coat cupboard ��

rachk89

Visit site
Wound cream. No one else at my yard seems to have it at least but then they don't have a clumsy horse who picks fights. Currently being used everyday.