Horsey item you can't live without but hardly anyone else has?

eggs

Visit site
Stockholm Tar which I used on a chicken that was getting pecked by another hen - stopped the pecking.

Princess16

Visit site

Auslander

Visit site
A pole with a hook on the end. Saves me walking miles to retrieve errant feed buckets from the other side of the fence, great for hanging rugs up high, and pulling high willow branches down for the horses to eat. It also came into its own the other day when one of the horses was going for the one I had just caught. I poked her with it, and she scarpered!

PolarSkye

Visit site
My bespoke rug rail - it's ace. Plastic drainpipe, reinforced with wood down the hole, handy wooden battens at each end (to stop wood in middle falling out and loop hanging rope around. It's about six feet long and holds SO many rugs - all tidy just the way I like them. It's moved yards multiple times, now, and I'll never be without it.

P

Fiona

Visit site
I wonder if you asked this question at a different time of year would you get very different answers.. There seem to be a lot of coat shedding items ;)

I'd say thermatex rugs, grass reins (for the FR pony), and the mayo mats (EVA) in the stables :)

Fiona

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
A snow shovel -one of the cheap plastic ones with a wooden handle - best thing ever for picking up poo off concrete and cleaning out the lorry.
Unscented Neutrogena hand cream - keeps old cobs skin soft when his sweet itch flares up, and I can use it too!

JillA

Visit site
Anyone got an idea for handling electric fencing without going all the way to the energiser to turn it off, do the repair, then go all the way back to turn it on again? I did wonder about thick rubber gloves together with my wellies when I was retrieving my greedy laminitic this morning but bottled it in favour of switching off

conniegirl

Visit site
a Man washer!
Honestly these amazing little things (sold by Lynx at Asda, tesco etc) is amazing at turning Poobalds back into greys with only water and elbow grease or for bath time getting horses spotless.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Sudocrem! Wonderful stuff for my sweet-itchy and sun-sensitive traddie cob. I damp a sponge and apply it to his muzzle and lips area, and round his eyes (carefully) to protect him against the sun and as a skin healer. Also slather it onto heels and legs in the winter to guard against mud fever.

Udder Cream (particularly in the winter), ditto mud fever as above, cheap and cheerful solution. I apply it to my own hands and then wipe my hands across my face to protect against wind & rain. Fantastic item.

Baby lotion and baby wipes: for those stubborn mud-stains. Pack a packet of baby wipes for a show: useful for cleaning boots, dealing with horse-dribble on your best jacket, etc etc.

Lynn Russell Stain Remover and Mane & Tail conditioner. Fantastic stuff, does what it says on the tin. Have used the Mane & Tail conditioner on my own hair too with good effect!

One of those banana-shaped brushes: really handy and perfect for those awkward places like heels. Don't know how I managed without one.

Horseman's One Step: brilliant for dealing with mucky tack, boots etc.

Sanitary Towels!! Yes, honestly, always keep a few in the First Aid kit - MUCH much cheaper than Animalintex if you need to cover a large wound (and sterile as well). Am never without these.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Golly galoshes that are brilliant for going over bandages to keep them clean and dry and were a lifesaver after my boy had an operation.

Premier equine stable wraps again excellent when moving on from bandages after the op.

Ergonomic shavings fork present from sister in USA I think you can get them here now. Saves me from a bad back.

Love jelly scrubbers and have 3 brilliant for getting hair out and my boy loves a good scratchy massage with them. Soft and flexible too so can use on legs and face.

Always use baby wipes instead of dirty old sponges.

Nappies for poultices.

Luci07

Visit site
Really good ideas..I have a plaiting apron. The mickey is always taken, but I stock up and then don't move again till I have finished plaiting.

spottybotty

Visit site
An attachment for the hose that is like a plastic curry comb that squirts water jets out as you bath and scrub dirty beasts. Desperate for a new one as mine is at least 25 yrs old and on its way out :(

wingedhorse99

Visit site
My bespoke rug rail - it's ace. Plastic drainpipe, reinforced with wood down the hole, handy wooden battens at each end (to stop wood in middle falling out and loop hanging rope around. It's about six feet long and holds SO many rugs - all tidy just the way I like them. It's moved yards multiple times, now, and I'll never be without it.

P

Picture please.

Otherwise

Visit site
Another with a cactus cloth. My horse hasn't seen a brush in months, I can properly scrub the mud off without complaints and then use it on his head. Same horse will not tolerate a dandy brush, my everyday grooming kit consists of a hoof pick, cactus cloth and hairbrush occasionally if I bother brushing his mane and yet he gleams.