Horsey question! Horsebox, Commercial vehicle definitions?

Shadowdancing

Visit site
OK guys need your help.

When I moved my horse I was told I could not park my 3.5 ton box at the new place- very annoying. However I decided I would try it at home instead. The reason I decided this is that it is, after all, just a van effectively, and there are already multiple vans on the estate of the same basic size. They are clearly works vans as they have commercial logos all over them. The box is in very good nick externally, white and clean, and without anything too excessive on it. The 'horse' decals are near transparent. As I'm an end house, from some trial and error, we found that parking it across my two bays allowed for my vehicle and my boyfriend's van to fit in my two allocated bays against my wall, so we don't interfere with anyone else, block any access, overshadow anyone's windows etc...

We've had bother with my neighbour (an alcoholic) about other things including dogs, washing machine, music playing all night (it never has...??), the guy's not well clearly, but that doesn't help me... and we suspect that he has now complained to the estate management about the box.

They have sent a letter to my specific address advising only that commercial vehicles cannot be parked on the estate.

By all online definitions I can find this is not a commercial vehicle unless they mean 'vans' in which case half the estate is breaching the rule.

At the moment I am thinking- ignore the letter and see what happens next.

Anyone think I shouldn't do this?

WelshD

Visit site
I would ignore it or perhaps reply that they must have been mistaken in sending you the letter as you do not have a commercial van
It is however rather a low blow to drag your neighbours lifestyle in to the discussion when that is 100% irrelevant to your van and whether its a commercial vehicle - don't turn it in to a tit for tat bicker or you'll not be taken seriously by the management

Shadowdancing

Visit site
God no I wouldn't mention that, he's in enough trouble as it is as he lost his job the end of last year and is trying to sell the house, but just notes that we believe this is who is complaining. We've had the police out many times.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I would reply saying nicely this must have been sent to in error as you don't own a commercial vehicle .
I would have a quiet pop out and take some photos of all the other commercial vans parked and see what happens .