Horsey shopping in the northwest?

Princess Rosie

Visit site
I love naylors! Watch out for their sales, they have some fab bargains and they're easy to look through (I'm not a massive fan of the huge bins that you have to fall into at robinsons to drag sale items up from the bottom of them! Lol).

robinsons and naylors are the biggest ones I know of in the north west. Happy shopping! x

Annie B.

Visit site
Horse bits at ramsbottom. It an old fashioned type of tack shop, more in there than you would expect and a second hand department if you want to buy or sell.

casspow

Visit site
How have I never heard of Naylors!!

Just having a look on their website now, are they new?

I'm not sure how long they have been going but I know they had a massive revamp 2years ago when they got there new shop in rochdale - You MUST visit, it's fab! and yes the website is great too! :D

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Oakfield just a junction up from robinsons is worth a trip! Used to like to hit robinsons, Oakfield and derby house together when DH was still open!

Princess Rosie

Visit site
Naylors is lovely, you feel like you need to take your shoes off at the door as it's so nice, clean and tidy and everything is really organised. Oakfield is ok, sorry BlairandAzria - it's not the next junction up from Robbies, it's off junction 29 of the M6 (preston), oakfield is fairly small but do have a good range and the girls are really helpful. There's also a good small shop called happy hooves saddlery which is on the Blackpool road near to Kirkham. Definitely vote for Naylors as being well worth a trip, they did have some events where they had top riders etc but this might have been when they relaunched. Their sales are good too. x

Janovich

Visit site
Horse bits at ramsbottom. It an old fashioned type of tack shop, more in there than you would expect and a second hand department if you want to buy or sell.

Love this shop and have frequented it lots over the years,..and Yes, they have an excellent 2nd hand section too!

Naylors is a cracking place to go visit too.

Shame about Derby House running into the ground as that was a good place too..

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Saddles Select (was Horse Hound and Rider) in Duckinfield/Ashton under Lyne is a smaller, less flash shop, but in my opinion has more stock and more knowledge than most of the posh shops put together. It's like an Aladdin's cave. They have just about anything you can think of. They also have a huge stock of second hand saddles.

I liked Horse Bits too when I went. I prefer the good old fashioned type of shop than the all singing all dancing blingy new types. I guess it depends what kind of shopper you are.

missrio

Visit site
I'm not sure how long they have been going but I know they had a massive revamp 2years ago when they got there new shop in rochdale - You MUST visit, it's fab! and yes the website is great too! :D

Naylors has been around probably for about 60 years... it was started by Derek Naylor who used to supply racehorse saddles to the racing industry and used to be in a cottage in Norden. It was taken over by the present owners about 6-7 years ago and moved to their new premises 2 years ago and lost something in doing so.

MileAMinute

Visit site
Naylors is fantastic! Lovely and tidy, and the staff do everything to help you. I come from Chester so it's a fair trek but I incorporate Robinsons on the way back for anything I might get cheaper or couldn't find. They even have an 'OH Section' - TV, free WiFi and free coffee/hot choc :D

keri66

Visit site
I like Oakfield .
Used to love Derby House when it was in Parbold when it was taken over and moved to Wright infringement it totally changed and lost something

BlackRider

Visit site
I wouldn't bother going to Robinsons...

I tend to use Oakfield after Derby House sadly closed, but like Fearns Farm too.