Hot Air Ballons

Madam_max

Visit site
OK, well I nearly got killed by them tonight. Good job I was in company or I would't have stopped. There was about 10 of them. Corroy is really scared of them.

Ginn

Visit site
I don't think they have to inform you - we often have them landing in the surrounding fields and are just luccky that the horses aren't bothered by them.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
We got to know a few chaps who owned them after they landed in one of our fields, they apologised and explained that they had no choice as they had run out of air currents.
Once we got talking they were concerned they had upset the horses and deer (one deer miscarried as a result) and they do carry insurance. We even allowed them to take off a few times from here and the horses got used to them.
I agree however that they are a terrifying thing for a horse when low, our stallion in 12 years of carnivals only ever was scared by one thing, they had a balloon burner on a float and kept working it, maiking that roaring sound, and he flinched every single time.
If they are low they can hear you yell, so yell away! they might not however be able to do more than go upwards with the burner as they only go in the direction the air currents take them, they can't really steer that well it seems.

M

madabout2

don't think they do. not sure about avoidance order? We're in the peak district andh ave lots going over head particularly with agricultural shows - we also get low flying aircraft as they like to practise over lady bower dam - where the dambusters practised! Have to say am getting good at jumping off!!