Hot horse showers.

KautoStar1

Visit site
Looking for a portable gas powered hot wash. Don’t have the option of putting in a fixed ‘human’ shower, so it has to be a portable one. Will only be used for two horses and only one of those on a regular basis.

Recommendations please.

mums the groom

Visit site
I got an eco temp hot horse shower and love it for my two mud monsters, only downside is the shower head silver hose is a bit too short, need to find a longer hose and another tip is use brass connectors not plastic, less leakage

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have an eco temp 10 and we love it .
I just use a garden hose not a shower head just get one you won’t regret it if you can get the 20npt the smaller one I had a smaller one first the larger one is much better .

Embo

Visit site
Are any of these showers any good with low pressure? I'd love to have one but the water pressure at the yard is quite poor. Currently only washing when really desperate (tail getting washed in cold water) and using a kettle, really time consuming!

merlinsquest

Visit site
OK thanks did you get the trolley? They seem to ramp up the price and I am wondering if I can buy something cheaper from B&Q

Yes you can, I have a hot horse shower, it’s probably 3 years old now & ive used it a lot, it’s fab. We bought a sack barrow from B&Q, my husband then mounted the unit onto a piece of board & fixed to the trolley, the gas bottle sits on the bottom & the hoses hang on a hook, I think it cost £20 & works well.

KautoStar1

Visit site
right so having looked at Shower King and Horse Horse Showers, they both appear to use the EcoTemp unit so essentially the same thing.
Can't tell from Hippo Showers as they seem to make their own units but they are hugely expensive by comparison.

And you can buy Eco Temp units from camping shops at slightly cheaper prices than the equine retailers, although these appear to be fitted with standard shower heads, where as Shower King and HHS will convert to a longer hose fitting.

The trollies are very expensive for what they are. A sack trolly from somewhere like screwfix or B&Q for £25 with some cable ties to secure looks like the best route.

Are there any other make of unit I should be looking for ?

Thanks

fairyclare

Visit site
I have got a HIPPO! It is brilliant, far superior to the Showerking I borrowed before buying my own.
I had a horse with a skin problem who had to be bathed daily for a few weeks, I was able to use my HIPPO in all weathers, howling wind I though would be impossible but it was absolutely fine, the gas flame never got blown out.

I Couldn't tell you what make the unit is, I am sure if you message Poppy on the HIPPO page on Facebook she will tell you.