Hot Tap or Hippo!

Maesto's Girl

Visit site
Hi all

So looking into kicking off a new mobile grooming business in Essex (starting East Essex then hopefully expanding) and will be offering hot washes. I have narrowed down to 2 options so wondering if anyone had any feedback on either:

Hydrotherm Hot Tap
Hippo Portable Shower

Currently, the latter has about an 8 week lead time which is a bit of a negative but obviously if it's the clear favourite it would be worth the wait

Thanks all!

fairyclare

Visit site
I have got a Hippo and I can hand on heart say it is my best horsey purchase, best shower I have used and I have borrowed and used a few different brands.
Hippo is a small family business and they are absolutely fabulous to deal with for everything.

As a side note, I am in Essex, whereabouts are you based?

Mrs B

Visit site
I know the lady who runs Hippo with her husband through a business group - they're in Lincs. Anyway, she originally really wanted a shower unit for her horse but there were all sorts of snags with the ones on the market, mainly (I believe) because the components weren't that suitable. So he did the research, learned about boilers etc and made her the first Hippo. Then her friends wanted them and then ...

I think they're all made bespoke and you can choose the colour. (and no, she's not paying me to say this :p)