Hot towelling/ clothing

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Can anyone explain what this is please? Have seen it mentioned on a couple of threads.

When doing a search, in this case, Google was not my friend as only ended up with variations on a theme of hot girls/ hot tubs/ hot girls in hot tubs etc :mad::eek:

Thank you :D

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
I always find that horses find it very relaxing :D

Kinda like a hot oils massage for them. I normally put some lavender in (just a tiny little bit! enough to smell) rub it over the coat, massage it into the muscleyer parts. Shoulders / whiters / backs being favourite bits I've found.

let horse dry off and then brush down with clean body brush - one very relaxed, gleaming horse!

FionaM12

Visit site
Due to my allergies I have difficulty grooming, especially in summer. I wipe Mollie down with a warm flannel instead (or cold if it's a very hot day). She comes up shining and clean-looking, but doesn't lose the oils out of her coat so she's still waterproof. ;)

JenHunt

Visit site
I use hot cloth wash for clipped horses, immediately after clipping with a spot of dettol or vetrolin in the water, and then each time after hunting (except on legs). http://www.horsehealth.co.uk/grooming/wash-box/body-washes/vetrolin

I can wash Ron off after hunting using 1 bucket of hot (and I mean, almost too hot to get a hand in for long) water which takes me 5-10 mins, and then a cold hose for 5 mins for legs and under his belly. not only is this very effective at getting the sweat and mud off his sensitive skin, it is also water efficient, and time efficient! plus he's not having to expend energy warming up and drying off when he's already tired from hunting.

use a sponge rather than a cloth and make sure it's well wrung out and firmly wipe the horse over, rinsing the sponge out every couple of stokes. The coat (on a clipped horse at least) should be barely damp. You'd be surprised how much muck that gets out!

it also makes them really really shiny! :D