Hot water shower help

cm2581

Visit site
What sort of permanent arrangements (ie electric and not gas canister operated) do people have for hot water washing of horses? What do you have, how is it maintained and how do you prevent frost being a problem?

Thanks!

Cecile

Visit site
I have a permanent shower plumbed in with a very long flexy hose so I can work around the horse/pony without having to shift them around, it is attached to the cold water pipe and is adjustable for temperature, it is not a horse shower but a power shower from a shop. When not in use it is switched off at the cold water pipe and at the electric, I don't use it when its frosty, it was fitted some years ago and still works beautifully

Not very well explained but I wouldn't be without it

turnbuckle

Visit site
Assume you have electric on the yard.

If so, best way is to get an electrician to plumb in a domestic shower unit somewhere where it won't freeze (heated tack room?), then fit a long armoured hose with a quick release coupling. When not in use leave it inside coiled hanging on the wall.

Shower units aren't super reliable but are cheap to replace if access is easy.

eggs

Visit site
I have a household electric shower that was fitted by an electrician. I replaced the hose and shower head that came with it with a long piece of hose pipe.

I have got a valve on the water inlet that I can turn off to stop the water flowing to it but I do need to run the shower for a few seconds to make sure any water already in the system has been pumped out. Having forgotten to do this one winter and busting the shower as a result my electrician fitted the new shower to a board which I can take down and store elsewhere if it gets too cold. The water inlet is on a snap fitting and the electrics unplug.