Hot water shower

Dieago

New User
Visit site
Having had a bad experience over the weekend with my lpg fired portable horse shower (it burst into flames) I am now looking at replacing it. I have electricity on the yard and a handy plug next to the wash area so would like to find a plug in electric water heater that can have a hose with spray attached to it. In the past I have used an urn to heat water and can go back to that but that's a case of buckets and sponges and I am getting lazy in my old age! Anyone got any brilliant ideas or can give me a link to a company that manufactures anything like this. It doesn't need to be on a trolley for mobility and I don't want it hard wired. TIA

eggs

Visit site
I use a normal household electrical shower but my electrician fitted it to a board that I just unhook and store inside when it is cold. There is a simple valve on the water inlet pipe which we use to turn off the water (it is a good tip to have the shower running whilst you do this to empty out any water in the unit). If I want to use it in winter it is just a simple case of hooking it back up and then unhooking it when I am finished. My wash bay is right next to the tack room which has a frost heater in it so I store the shower board in there. During the warmer months it is just left hooked up all the time.

Asha

Visit site
ive used a cheap electric shower in my wash bay. Its just died after 5 years, think its the heating element that has finally given up. Ive been looking at the specific horse ones and they seem so expensive, with only 1 years guarantee. Hippo showers are offering a 5 year guarantee but are around £325. I don't fancy gas bottles either,so thinking I may just get another cheap electric one

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I have a hippo shower and they are so expensive as the casing they are in is designed to make sure the ignition and gas bottle are a specific distance apart rather than some of the other brands where gas bottles are just put at the back of a generic trolley hence the catching fire.

I would probably be the same as you if I'd had one explode and not want another but it is worth having a chat with the Hippo people as they should be able to reassure you that it wouldn't happen with theirs :)

WandaMare

Visit site
Having replaced my electric shower units many times over the years due to different problems I have gone back to using an urn again but I use a camping shower with it which I find easier. It is definitely a cheap option, I think my last one cost about £38 and basically you just heat the water in the urn, pop the water in a big bucket with some cooler water, then immerse the pump and hose of the shower in the bucket, switch on and off we go. Its good for washing legs in particular but I also use it for whole body washes too. Its run on batteries which are rechargeable and mine lasts a good hour on one charge.

Nativelover

Visit site
I used a nomad shower, just filled it with warm water ( couple of kettles and topped it up with cold )
It was ideal, could even take it with me for a cool down spray as it’ll run off battery or the car.

I would sell it if you’re interested, I’m pony less now ☹️

Dieago

New User
Visit site
I used a nomad shower, just filled it with warm water ( couple of kettles and topped it up with cold )
It was ideal, could even take it with me for a cool down spray as it’ll run off battery or the car.

I would sell it if you’re interested, I’m pony less now ☹️
Can you email me on kkjnevans@aol.com to discuss price etc