Houghton This Weekend - Who Will Be There??

Tillypup

www.valleypoint.co.uk
I'm taking my young (4 1/2 year old) daughter along on Saturday to spectate and wondered if any HHO'ers will be there??

Issy has watched some cross country and show jumping on TV and You Tube before and is excited about seeing it in real life!!

NR99

Visit site
Sarah-Jane and Sarnie will be there and we wish them all the luck (and some rain beforehand so they get to play in all three phases :() :D:D

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I'm there on Sunday but doing Riding Club Team of Four dressage so not exactly the real thing.

Lolo

Visit site
My dad's been up there all week, and my sister/ mum will be about all weekend as sister is camping to celebrate the finish of her AS-levels!

equischool

www.theequestrianchannel.tv
tomorrow will be my only chance to attend, so hopefully going then!
Not sure what is on, the thursday, but feel a duty to attend local shows and events when possible, as if we do not support them, then we cannot moan if they disapear from the calender...If it is not raining I will set up the video camera too!

zxp

Visit site
I REEEEEEALY want to be there. But instead I am stuck in a glorified cupboard in vet school revising :(

My superstar instructor is riding and I quite like being her cheerleader.

Still...

pass exams and pony all summer, pass exams and pony all summer, pass exams and pony all summer

(I have to keep telling myself this for motivation whilst you lovely lot are doing fun things!!)

Have a great time to all who are going, and good luck to all competing.

scribble

Visit site
i live nearby and have just been told loads of people have withdrawn as the course has not been watered at all and we have had no rain for 9+ weeks. so ground is like rock and its sandy soil.

Trolt

Visit site
Sarah-Jane and Sarnie will be there and we wish them all the luck (and some rain beforehand so they get to play in all three phases :() :D:D

What number are they?
I'm there on the Sunday so will try and take a camera and get some pics :D

Am there grooming for friends who are competing in a RC dressage thing ... bit of a step down as I was at Houghton last year grooming for the boss! Sadly bosses horse is off lame at the mo, so no jumpies fun for her.

OneInAMillion

Visit site
What number are they?
I'm there on the Sunday so will try and take a camera and get some pics :D

Am there grooming for friends who are competing in a RC dressage thing ... bit of a step down as I was at Houghton last year grooming for the boss! Sadly bosses horse is off lame at the mo, so no jumpies fun for her.

If you see me on a dun (silver HS1, navy hat silk) say hi :p

sw123

Visit site
My boy is there in the CCI* he goes XC tomorrow and yesterday the ground was very poor - they have watered the arenas just not the XC. Hope they work miracles tonight, having paid £500 to enter we won't be impressed if they dont get it good especially after Hambleden, Chatsworth, Aston etc have provided fantastic going. I know Norfolk have had no rain but we all knew that so have plenty of time to prepare!

zxp

Visit site
Raining here too!! YAY! Just need to check with my Mum what the weather is doing their way as she works in Kings Lynn so just down the road form Houghton.

RAIN IN SUDBURY???

Oh my lord - that means it must be raining at my house too! That is very good news!

It is also raining here in Leicestershire, so I hope for all going to Houghton that it is raining there too because that is (kind of!) between here and Sudbury!

Good luck to all competing

Lolo

Visit site
Well I went today...got wet...bought a coat...sun came out, took coat off...rained again and put coat back on....repeat numerous times!
In between took approx 3 hours video footage that I will start editing shortly!

I was there as a waitress type person last year, and it poured and poured and poured with rain whenever I made the journey between the 2 sponsors tents, but as soon as I stepped inside it slowed to a drizzle... We were damning the lack of rain, and then remember that it ALWAYS rains over Houghton weekend and over our RC's showing show! At least you had an excuse for a nice new coat :D

Lolo

Visit site
No, I was wearing a very fetching pale grey polo shirt- only all day I stood out because I appeared to be the only one wearing dark grey as it never got the chance to dry out!

OneInAMillion

Visit site
I am LOVING the amount of rain we have had over the last two days :D We walked through our fields today and although they are still very firm there is actually spring in it!

monikirk

Visit site
Just got back - really windy but great day. Going so much better than expected and the womens institute tent had the best bacon rolls and homemade cakes!:D

Tillypup

www.valleypoint.co.uk
We had a great day! My lovely Mummy bought me a lush new jacket which was very kind of her. My daughter loved her day out too, she did go slightly quiet when the second horse we saw jumping the water jump fell, but, both horse and rider were up quickly and walked away, phew. She had so much fun she didn't even make it out of the grounds before falling asleep!!