Hovis' Friday Diary - the BIG announcement

Supertrooper

Visit site
Lara b - that's what mine said, I'm afraid I'm impatient and can't wait so I've cancelled and ordered through the H+H shop instead xx

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
Direct from bransby at www.bransbyhorse.co.uk or from the H&H shop will be the faster way to receive your copies.
Both have stock already in and so can dispacth immediately.
As I am an unknown author Amazon et al won't hold stock so when orders come in they go to their warehousing company who in turn come to Bransby for the quantity required.
It then goes from Bransby to the warehousing company and either from there to the distributer and then on to you or in some cases direct to you. But each time they will have a delay of changing their packaging etc.
I know the warehousing stock has left Bransby last week so hopefully you won't have to wait too long xx

Supertrooper

Visit site
Going to listen to podcast when OH goes off to the gym :)

Also interesting to know that amazon won't hold stock if you're a unknown author. Do they not know what a god hovis is?!?

samcrob

Visit site
My copy has arrived today (thanks H&H shop)! I'm just about to read it......have been looking forward to it all day.

Supertrooper

Visit site
My copy came from the HH shop this morning :)) it looks fantastic and i have had to have a sneaky peek, cue me laughing out loud and getting some very strange looks from work colleagues!!!

Anyway as much as i'm dying to read it, this copy is going to my best friend who is at the moment stuck in hospital and totally fed up and missing our shire x horrendously. So another copy being ordered for me today xxxxx

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I am going to order a couple of books, how do I get a signed copy please :O)

Just love Hovis's Diary, always brightened my Friday up and made me laugh. Huge, huge congratulatons to you both xxx

PippiPony

Chocolatier and Greyhound lover
Visit site
My 2 copies arrived yesterday, can't wait to get my nose in them & start reading :D, i hope the one i bought for my friend makes her smile as much.

Megan_T

Visit site
I'm a bit slow on the uptake here, but massive congratulations! :) What a wonderful thing to do for a wonderful cause! If I have enough money this month I'll be buying mine! xx

lara b

Visit site
Hi

Do you know if Amazon are getting more stock from you? Ordered mine from them months and months ago and they emailed to say they still don't have a delivery date yet? If not will cancel with them and get elsewhere, need my Hovis fix :D

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
Hi

Do you know if Amazon are getting more stock from you? Ordered mine from them months and months ago and they emailed to say they still don't have a delivery date yet? If not will cancel with them and get elsewhere, need my Hovis fix :D

We are having a flipping nightmare with amazon.
The warehousing company stock went out ages ago (the day of official release) but Amazon seem to be pratting about. Trying to talk to them is like trying to talk to MI5.
I know Bransby are deeply concerned as its making them look bad and the issue is NOT at Bransbys end.
I can only suggest anyone awaiting an amazon order cancel it and then order from the H&H online shop or from the Bransby shop on the websire www.bransbyhorses.co.uk

We are SO sorry for this mess about but i definitely confirm the stock went to the warehousing company and they have not asked for any more as yet. What the heck they've done with it all god knows!

Nigel_cat

Visit site
My copy of Hovis' Diary arrived at about 12 today, and I just finished it! (The joys of being on Summer Holidays :) ) Just wanted to say it was fantastic! I loved it and it made me laugh and cry all afternoon. Thankyou for such a fab book and bring on the next edition! xx

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
Afternoon all

A couple of questions if I may?
Firstly for those of you who have bought the book we're really after feedback - postive and negative so we can learn for next time. This was our first attempt at publishing and has been a HUGE learning curve. So what did you think? What did you like? What did you not like? What should we do more of / less of?

Secondly I'd just like to float an idea which Hovis fan on facebook have suggested. A Hovis calendar? Thoughts?

And no I have NOT been drinking.......... ;)

sadiedeb

Visit site
Afternoon all

A couple of questions if I may?
Firstly for those of you who have bought the book we're really after feedback - postive and negative so we can learn for next time. This was our first attempt at publishing and has been a HUGE learning curve. So what did you think? What did you like? What did you not like? What should we do more of / less of?

Secondly I'd just like to float an idea which Hovis fan on facebook have suggested. A Hovis calendar? Thoughts?

And no I have NOT been drinking.......... ;)

Yes please (nope I didn't give any strange suggestions on what Hovis could be doing on certain months :) but a few ideas did pop up on facebook page)

nat_1

Visit site
Hi i ordered the book through horse and hound on weds and it came this morning- what a quick service! Ive been ill today and already read half of it and its brilliant! I luv it. I would luv to buy some hovis merchandise should any become available.

doctordoolittle

Visit site
Also slow on the uptake as I am a paroxysmal forum user but what a fabulous idea and for such a great cause!!

Lovd your opening post Hovis, really made me giggle so I'll be off to find a copy now! :)

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
Thanks to everyone who has bought so far and to all the lovely people who have sent messages or who i have met in person. Thanks for your comments - its great to get feedback on the book and find out what people really think!

We had another good day at Bransbys Autumn fair at the weekend, with our next outing being to the robin Hood Game and Country Fair at the Newark Showground in Oct. Hopefully the Destroyer will be there in person!

After that its on to Your Horse Live in November where Bransby will have a stall - I'll be there signing and generally making a total nuisance of myself so please please come and say "hi"!

Sleepeeze_dad

Visit site
After that its on to Your Horse Live in November where Bransby will have a stall - I'll be there signing and generally making a total nuisance of myself so please please come and say "hi"!

I'll be there and if you get the calendar sorted out by then...? :) Any chance Hovis could be there and made "horse of the show"? I'd donate for that.