How are these new to barefoot feet looking

motherof2beasts!

Visit site
You shouldn't be looking for symmetry in the feet an asymmetric horse.

If the photos above are re showing a true picture then she turns out from just below the knee, or possible even from the elbow. That will explain why he is wearing one side faster than the other and why he has grown some flare to keep them in balance. He may need to keep the flare and taking it away risks unbalancing the whole leg, though the foot will look prettier.

With a horse like this you need a trimmer who really understands what needs to be left and what is causing a problem.

Mo2B, I think you could be well advised to consult someone who is really good with posture about whether some core exercises would help him turn his elbows in and straighten the front legs, though there is also every chance that growing feet the shape he really needs will do that over time.

They aren't by any means bad, or uncommon, but they do explain the wear pattern you are seeing.

I hope that helps.

Thank you , yes that makes perfect sense. Confirmation wise he never grew into his bum , his front legs are very short. He’s got a lot better than he was, used to very unbalanced and couldn’t canter (was driven very young in Ireland), also really struggled on right rein but that’s all improved now . He has regular physio and exercises to supple him up.

Landcruiser

Visit site
Have a look at the Hoof Geek website
The free blogs are a great source of free info.
OP, those feet look essentially healthy and I think you have a good foundation already in place. The heels can come back some, and the quarters (sides) need to tighten up, both of which things are very interdependent. It would be useful to have some better pics, taken from ground level. It's very hard to take good ones, but clean hooves on a hard surface, phone on or virtually on the ground. It will be interesting to look back as they change!

dominobrown

Visit site
You shouldn't be looking for symmetry in the feet an asymmetric horse.
I never actually said that though?

It’s ok, you will find with trimming people will have different opinions and ideas. At the end of the day I have 6 happy healthy barefoot horses and so although I am “wrong” in the real world, not the internet, I don’t have a problem 🤷‍♀️