How Are Your 2012 Foals Looking?

UnaB

Visit site
Hi There,

Im really pleased with how my Ava is turning out, I couldnt be more happy with her :D But as she's the only foal i've ever had I have nothing to compare her to so would love to see how the other 2012 foals are looking :D Please share some pictures!

Ava is currently 8 months old and standing dead on 14.2, which seems enormous for her age but as I said - nothing to compare her to....! She is a real sweetheart, getting very good with her manners and likes having a nice in-hand walk along the lanes and bridlepaths. She lives on a working farm so she seems to be mostly bombproof :rolleyes: I havent really done too much with her though as I just want her to grow and be a baby.

Here's some photos, taken the last couple of days (first one was taken this morning), she is going to be a chunky girl I think!!! Please excuse the state of her, as you can see in the other photos - we are still very flooded and Ava LOVES muddy water!! Its a nightmare....lol!

DSCF2057.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

Anyway, theres my little pony, would love to see some others :D

eventrider23

Visit site
No recent pics but after a hellish winter of box rest Roo is now living out again with the now 2yr olds and she is HUGE...fitting easily into 5'6" and 5'9" rugs even an standing the same height/ a smidge taller than the 2 yr olds.

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
I had 3 foals last June and 2 are doing really well, have been out all winter and have just come in for weaning (going really well) however 1 has been in all winter and isnt doing so well at all :( she hasnt grown at all and is under the vet, it seems she has something going on with her liver:(
I LOVE the water baby pics lol!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I'm a bit horrified by mine. He's 8 months, stands 14hh at the wither (but is bum high) and can take a 5'6 to 5'9 rug. I was expecting 15.2 max as dam is 15.3 and sire 15hh. He's quite a chunky chap, which is precisely what was ordered. Even his colouring was nearly spot on- coloured, minimal white on head and body but with four white stockings. OK so one of them has slipped a bit

I had him gelded a couple of weeks ago as his mum is a dreadful tart and I didn't want any mishaps. He's currently out with my ancient Welsh boy during the day and they are having a high old time playing boy games. He's helping the old chap grow old disgracefully - not that he really needed much help.

The sadness is that just as I was committing to a full sibling as he has turned out so well I got the news that his sire has died.

Skyebald

Visit site
My Bogof has turned into a lovely affectionate boy and not too cheeky :D

Hoping he'll be 14.2 hh at least, currently about 12.2 and a chunky monkey at 9 months

Here's a few recent ish pics

SkyeandDuke_zps715584fa.jpg

Muddypony_zps50c7cd77.jpg

DukeKiss_zps6a9dc4fe.jpg

Last edited:

alfiesmum

Visit site
loving all the mud monsters :D

no pics but i can def say my boy is extremely bum high, its the first thing anyone comments on as its so noticeable at the moment, hoping he finds some high heels for the front soon :p

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
This my 8 month old TB x cob. Mare was a 15.3 TB, stally was 15hh Elite graded trad cob.

He's a gnats' over 13.3, the old welsh boy with him just sneaks in at 13.3!

P1010934_zpsb47d6d38.jpg

P1010797_zps6bb44a5d.jpg

P1010701_zps9f40bdf0.jpg

P1010689_zpsab9524d2.jpg

AMW

Visit site
my yearling (cant get used to her being a yearling lol) has had a busy weekend as she has a show on Wednesday. She has been out for walks, had her mane & tail tidied,been trimmed up & practiced loading. she has also been out in the field with playing with her pals :)
Hope to get some up to date pics to share. Really pleased with how she is turning out :)

chapper

Visit site
What utterly gorgeous foals everyone's got!!! :-D I've got 2 Appy x tb foals, 10 months old both at around 14.1hh. Not sure how to post pics but l loving everyone else !!

Enfys

Visit site
In three words "hairy mongrel yaks" and there is no way I would put up photos of them as they are right now :eek: There won't be any yearling photos either as if these three go by their siblings then they look super as babies, like cut and shuts as yearlings :( and start to come into themselves as 2 and 3 year olds.

There are some lovely babes shown here :)

How are you all keeping yours, out 24/7, in at night?

iconique

Visit site
There's some really lovely babies on here!

We only had one last year and nothing this year. Our filly is by Primitive Star and is currently about 9 months old. Our vet describes her like a "brick sxxx house!" she's standing at just below 15hh and is bum high!! Eek! Very bold and a little quirky (but her mum is anyway) currently eating us out of house and home.

What concerns me most is when she was born she was a liver chestnut, she now has a mixed mane of chestnut, black and grey, her tail is like a fox and her stifle is going white, plus she has some dark splodges on her neck, legs and body which make her look very odd! We think she is going to end up a roan/grey type thing

Just wish I knew how to post and was better at taking photos, otherwise I'd share....

BigYellowHorse

Visit site
Some really beautiful babies!!

Here's a 2012 filly foal, such a good girl, though already been in the wars, ran into a electric rope insulator and ended up with 4 staples! :( Thankfully the vet did a nice job and her fur should grow over any left over scarring... honestly this winter has just been one thing after another, haven't and won't be adding up how much the vet has come to :eek:

Bring on the summer - will have do do another thread for 2012 babies sans foally fluff!! :D

PipSq2.jpg

Pipsqueak.jpg

Asha

Visit site
Some stunning babies on here. I just wish i could get a photo of mine actually doing something other than eating! She looks like a total hairy flump:eek:

With mum:

picture.php

Looking woolly & fugly:

picture.php

She does look better when she gallops, but i never have my camera with me to capture that rare moment