How are your Thoroughbreds bred?

Girlracer

Visit site
Just wondering how everyone's thoroughbreds are bred? Be nice to hear someone who has one related to my boy and what theirs is like, here's his pedigree.

breeding.jpg

GrumpyHero

Visit site
Mines by Arkadian Hero out of a mare called Miss Ritz
w1r7me.jpg

I have updated the dam line for Gold Market so it's complete but it hasn't been applied to his pedigree yet.

Nannon

Visit site
My big chestnut is by Generous and out of D'Egliere
Little one is by Byron, can't remember the dam but it wasn't anything special and she's a little runty thing that got chucked out of the stud lol.

pippixox

Visit site
he is from La Piaf, and Bishop of Cashel. sadly i don't have any of the over £40,000 winnings from his career!

Last edited:

humblepie

Visit site
I love looking at TB blood lines. In Hero's line above, there is a mare called Careless Kitten. What a brilliant name.

Mine are by Northern Park, who was Northern Dancer's last million dollar plus baby, sold for 2.8 m dollars. The other is by Desert Sun who was a dual hemisphere stallion and is the sire of Helsinge, Black Caviar's dam.

On the whole don't generally have to go too far back to find Northern Dancer in most lines. My old horse who was 7/8th TB I traced all the way back to the start of the thoroughbred breed.

exracehorse

Visit site
Bishop of Cashel GB out of Right to the Top GB - Grandfather Nashwan one side and Saddlers Wells the other. Also Northern Dancer on Sire side.

Ginger Bear

Visit site
My boy is by Carroll House & out of Buckskin Babe.. They're all very inbred & related. If anyone has Lord Gayle/Sir Gaylord lines, my chestnut tb who is the double of his sire has black splodges down his neck which I have heard is common in this bloodline?

My mums mare is Bellamanda, out of Alriyaah by Soviet Star, so she has the Shareef Dancer/Northern Dancer line on her dams side & Nureyev/northern Dancer of her sire's.. She didn't make it as a flat racer though.

Visit site
Kyle Of Lochalsh - by Vettori out of Shergar's neice from the dams side.

Jefertiti - by Le Nain Juane out of Nefertiti who is part Selle Francais.

Gray Mountain - by Lasting Approval out of Cuando Quiere who is by Affirmed.

Kyle is British, Jeff French and Gray is American born and bred and doesn't he bloomin well know it lol!

Mrs B

Visit site
This is a new world to me!

Bertie is by Sir Harry Lewis (sired by Alleged) out of Flamenca (sired by Diesis)

paddi22

Visit site
ah your ones daddy is my ones grandaddy! mine is sired by DILSHAAN* who is sired by darshaan

That's funny as we had been commiserating with eachother in another thread about them having meltdowns! Must be a very precious family line!

Regandal

Visit site
My mare, who was PTS last year, has nothing exciting in her pedigree. She was by a stallion called Executive Perk, who was by Lancastrian I think. Her dam was Alice Freyne. Irish bred.

Girlracer

Visit site
ah your ones daddy is my ones grandaddy! mine is sired by DILSHAAN* who is sired by darshaan

That's funny as we had been commiserating with eachother in another thread about them having meltdowns! Must be a very precious family line!

That's interesting, perhaps that's where is drama queen streak comes from then lol!

Do you have any photos of your boy?

prince ebony

Visit site
Back in '05 I bought a 3yr old TB gelding. When I collected him his PP was missing and when it turned up was defaced! When I eventually got his "real" PP I was shocked to find that he was very well bred and his Grand sire was Sadler's Wells and his Gt G sire was El Gran Senor. He was a shocking race horse but is now having a lovely life doing lots of different things with his owner.

simplyhunting

Visit site
Current ones are by Taipan (Roselier) and Parthian springs (Bali dancer) . The taipan has class about him, the other is a boat to ride but genuine as they come. Sold my lovely little Irish filly by Chineur (Bertolini) a few months ago who was built more like a hunter than a sprinter!

Holzdweaver

Visit site
This is my boys (stable name Darcy) Pedigree, he had quite a long racing career too, born in 1997, raced until 2006 with 58 starts. He did Hurdles, Flat (turf and all weather) and Point to Point.

darcypedigree.jpg

aaaaadarcypedigree.jpg