How are your yearlings doing?

Sandstone1

Visit site
How are your yearlings doing? As in size etc, mine about 13.2 ish and quite grown up looking at mo, Just wondered how others of same age doing.

AMW

Visit site
My one is just little but she will only make around 13.2hh.
Have had her out showing today at a county agri show and she won her non native any age class & went reserve in hand champ. So pleased with her as she is just a yearling and it was a strong section. Was funny being in a class with 16.2s

Sandstone1

Visit site
My one is just little but she will only make around 13.2hh.
Have had her out showing today at a county agri show and she won her non native any age class & went reserve in hand champ. So pleased with her as she is just a yearling and it was a strong section. Was funny being in a class with 16.2s

Very well done!:)

Asha

Visit site
Not sure how big mine is , somewhere around 14.2 i think. Shes quite gangly, her winter coat is coming out still a bit ribby, so not looking her best. But to me, she is the most amazing little ginger ever. She just takes everything in her stride, is super friendly and very loving. I am, as you can tell, totally smitten:D

BigYellowHorse

Visit site
Little filly is looking like a dulux chart and still a bit ribby even though she's knee high in grass.

No showing this year for us either!

UnaB

Visit site
My baby is going to be a year old on saturday :D She is standing about 14.3 at the moment and definately going through the awkward yearling ugly stage :D Love her though, outstanding temperment and hoping she is going to moult that ginger fuzz to look quite lovely :)

This is her yesterday.

DSCF3608.jpg

snowstormII

Visit site
Do you really want to see my little fugly? He is about 1 week off his first birthday.

Here is one of him at 4 1/2 months

And here he is the other day

Are yours all still hanging on to their winter coats? He looks so fuzzy!

He is about 13.1hh at the whithers and 13.2hh at the bum!

RealityCheck

Visit site
The fillies are happy as larry, and very happy to be going to their first show off the farm this weekend
931322_544683232239870_1400762106_n.jpg

Not sticked them for a while, but I'd but Diva below at around 14.2, hoping she'll finish at 16.2
375112_539428146098712_1285295355_n.jpg

Pushing 15hh (or her butt is anyway!)
262517_540234122684781_975552163_n.jpg

No pictures of my yearling colt, who sadly had an accident during his gelding last week, (or rather suffered an accident at the hands of an incompetent who will now be having legal charges filed...) and is off to horsepital once the swelling goes down enough to move him.

Last edited:

snowstormII

Visit site
Realitycheck!! Did you HAVE to put your lovelies right next to my fugly!!! Yours are truly beautiful. Tell us a bit more about them...breed? Intended for home use?

RealityCheck

Visit site
Pft, yours looks like a little sweetie (well, not so little any more!)

The palomino is by my own TB stallion, out of a KWPN mare, Diva is dutch warmblood. They'll be staying in my ownership for a couple more years to be shown in hand, maybe do a year under saddle still owned by me too, before moving onto hunter jumper homes. I don't ride any more (old, fat and unhealthy :p)

This year I'll be having 4 foals (One is now 4 and a half weeks, one a few hours old, 2 still to come) and then I'll be leaving breeding to concentrate on showing for a while.

jess n ollie

Visit site
picture.php
1 week old

picture.php
1st birthday
picture.php
1st birthday

he is about 12.2-12.3 at the mo! he was uunexpected as we were assured mum was not in foal when we bought her:) mum is 13.2 cob dad is ???? :D

Last edited:

Dry Rot

Visit site
Some bootiful ponies there!

Can we have a competition for the ugliest, please??:D He was a total fur ball over winter, but is losing it fast. Hoping he will end up a dapple slate grey like his mum.

He's having his tummy scratched in this one. That's what ecstasy looks like!;)

Hurricanelady

Visit site
This is the yearling, will be 1 in June:

picture.php

Brother who is just about to turn 2, huge!

picture.php

Both together, very similar colouring on their faces:

picture.php

Nice to see all the babies :)

foreverhorses

Visit site
Wow some of your yearlings are a good size already! my hairy beast still looks very foal like with a coat like a moorland pony & is only around 13.2hh.He isn't 1 yr until end of July & not yet gelded.mum is 16.3hh & Dad 16.2hh I was hoping for 16.2hh at least as he is for my daughter who is really tall but wonder if he will make that?

Jenna1406

Visit site
Breagha just turned one last saturady and she is standing about about 13'2 ish at the moment.

I am not sure what height she will make as I dont know her breeding lol.

Lovely pictures everyone.:)

Geema

Visit site
There's loads of research to show that in TB's they're typically born at 60 odd percent of their adult height - think it's 64% but can't remember for sure.
Half breds and warmbloods are a whole different set of stats, but there has been some research done by various feed companies - they're interested in growth rates.

I've heard the following as people's ways of predicting how big their youngsters will finish up
- whatever they are as yearlings is 90% of adult height
- look at the height of his knees as a yearling and find an adult horse with the same knee height to tell you how big he'll finish

Sandstone1

Visit site
Im not too worried about how big mine will be, as long as hes 14hh+ mum w was 14h Dad 15hh and hes 13mths now and over 13.2

SpottyTB

Visit site
Remeasured Hugo last night... 14.1 at the whither and 14.3 at the bum :)eek:) .. he was a year on May the 3rd.

Holding off posting photo's due to the mid malt - he's half beautiful half skank. ;):D