How are your yearlings doing?

rema

Visit site
Oh can i add my fugly little critter..

She turned one last week..She should make about 16hh..hopefully..

Taken at 6 months

This Sunday just gone.

Sorry if they are huge..

snowstormII

Visit site
Rema - your horse is beeeyootiful, not fugly at all!

Merry measure - your photos give me an immense amount of hope that when his winter fuzz is finally gone, my little one will look a bit more respectable. Yours is gorgeous!

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
Thank you snowstormll ! She was 9 months in the 1st pic, and the transformation has been amazing! People think she's a different horse from the one they saw first! She was such a little ragamuffin, and now is so beautiful. I love her dearly. So do take heart. I'm sure yours will suddenly blossom as she has done, and be just as gorgeous, I'm certain! :)

jfdi

Visit site
Baby giraffe (around 15hh) on her first birthday (April) still looking like a yeti... :)

IMG_0364-Copy_zps06dde250.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

RealityCheck

Visit site
gosh aren't they looking grown up already, AMW!
Just wanted to update here a little, since it's not worth a thread (and maybe some of you could also share those little achievements here, keep each other updated?)
The kids are back from their first off property show. Not a toe out of line from either of them, hooray!
Breeze came third, she kicked the wall a couple of days ao, and althouh perfectly sound, swellin isn't pretty, so she was understandably marked down.
581216_547128331995360_41796080_n.jpg

My little Diva on the other hand, won both her (large, tough!) classes, several competitors and spectators offered interest in buying her, so we'll see if anyone is right for her, or she might end up staying :eek:
420145_547124335329093_970107428_n.jpg

AMW

Visit site
Reality check, they just seem to have come into themselves this last few weeks, pleased with the 2 of them.
Yours are looking rather smart, Diva looks very well named, love the way you do their manes, whereabouts are you?

BigYellowHorse

Visit site
gosh aren't they looking grown up already, AMW!
Just wanted to update here a little, since it's not worth a thread (and maybe some of you could also share those little achievements here, keep each other updated?)
The kids are back from their first off property show. Not a toe out of line from either of them, hooray!
Breeze came third, she kicked the wall a couple of days ao, and althouh perfectly sound, swellin isn't pretty, so she was understandably marked down.
581216_547128331995360_41796080_n.jpg

My little Diva on the other hand, won both her (large, tough!) classes, several competitors and spectators offered interest in buying her, so we'll see if anyone is right for her, or she might end up staying :eek:
420145_547124335329093_970107428_n.jpg

Beautiful babies!

Also hugely impressed by you're amazing plaiting up skills - by the looks of your weather and scenery you are a long way from the UK if you were nearer I would bribe you with cake and biscuits for a lesson :D

BigYellowHorse

Visit site
Managed to get some pictures of my yearling looking reasonable enough to post.. she has of late been mid malt and not looking her best.

She still looks baby like and has only just turned 1 just over a week ago, however in comparison her sister looked very mature by this age.. difference is that her sister was stabled at night during her first winter where as this little lady weathered it out, possibly has something to do with it? Not sure - but anyway here she is!

For comparison her sister this time last year at the same age..

Meandtheboys

Visit site
Well two weeks ago mine was looking terrible............more grass and she is starting to improve I may still take her to a little show early July

kinskycookie

Visit site
Sorry if they are massive pictures (or if you cant see them at all which is my usual trick :rolleyes: ) not sure how to shrink them from FB.
My little yearling is growing like a weed, these were a couple of months ago, he has a gorgeous summer coat poking through now :)
We've been taking full advantage of his trust in Mum and yearling curiosity to keep his brain busy!
980261_10151381862401496_54792030_o.jpg
21177_10151383086061496_1212338314_n.jpg

AMW

Visit site
our 2 yearlings at the Royal Highland Show

Tiptoes, 2nd placed non native yearling in a strong class

Lexi, 2nd placed Welsh sect B yearling

Capriole

Visit site
Happy with mine, I think she looks ok, not going through the ugly stage yet... fingers crossed she saves it till winter as I want to show her this summer :D

her sister looked very mature by this age.. difference is that her sister was stabled at night during her first winter where as this little lady weathered it out, possibly has something to do with it? Not sure - but anyway here she is!

Mine have never been stabled and I think look pretty good and mature, so dunno :)

BigYellowHorse

Visit site
our 2 yearlings at the Royal Highland Show

Tiptoes, 2nd placed non native yearling in a strong class

Is your Tiptoes bred from a stud in Tiptoes? Just curious as I have a 'Tiptoes' pony, wasn't sure if you call her that because of the prefix to her show name?

AMW

Visit site
BYH, her registered name (with WPCS) is Tullibardine Tiptoes. I bought her as a foal and got to choose her name. Called her Tiptoes as although she has white legs her hooves are black and she has lovely pointy toes when she trots :) seemed appropriate for a riding pony type :)

SKY

Visit site
Black velvet is 14.2hhs. She's big yearling but her brother was the same and he is 4yr d now and 16hhs. So she
Should finish the same. She's great leading, loading, loves grooms ect. Touch wood she will finish great

Alexart

Visit site
My little friesian x TB horror is just past his fist birthday now and has finally got rid of all bar a bit of fuzz on his belly which looks totally daft, but I've finally managed to get a few decent pics of him to put on his for sale adds!!:rolleyes:
He's 15Hh-ish now and should make 16.2Hh or there abouts, and he's a clone of his brother who's now 6 and has just started a career in the film/TV/stunt business which is very exciting I htink he's doing some re-enactments this summer for English heritage, his half brother (same dam different friesian sire) is off to HOYS again this year as a working hunter after winning alsorts, his sister is at Crakenthorpe stud doing jumping and dressage, and other brother was last heard doing jump cross so hopefully this little fellow will follow suit as he's the last one we're breeding!!
This was Arius a couple of weeks ago:
DSC_9472.jpg

Nomnomnom!!:D
DSC_9497.jpg

UnaB

Visit site
Mine today. She is 13 months now and quite bum high at the moment so I think a growth spurt will be coming soon! Starting to look a little less like a baby giraffe though :D

elijahasgal

Visit site
If you want to look see, this is my yearling, and this years foal (who are best of friends) last week. He is about 13 months, 15hh. Dam Is carnaval Drum, Voltaire, Armstrong, and a sucessful SJ mare, Sire is Amoureux. He is rather bum high in this!
He is also so laid back it is untrue, so its quite hard to get him to show his off!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGcr2HvDJhA

And this is him last year at grading
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_p1YDuAvbQ
Again need to watch till he and dam are loose and scooted up properly as we couldnt run enough to show him off!!!

Asha

Visit site
Took my yearling to the BEF again, honestly thought she would do pants, but she matched her score from last year so really pleased. The best bit was the vet gave her elite, and said she was the perfect stamp for an eventer. She lost loads of marks from the judges for not moving ! she was so laid back it was ridiculous. I had to drag her round the final lap. Bless. Really very proud of her:D

wynter

Visit site
Everyone else's yearlings are looking great, mine's looking very much like a thin & weedy ugly ducking at the moment :eek:
She's about 14.3hh and 15 months old now, she's still on 2 feeds a day and filling out very slowly.
She is as good as gold though and so laid back about everything, i really love her to bit's :D
Sorry if the photo's are too big.

1005202_10151732554169631_1121859865_n.jpg

544431_10151732550624631_866119105_n.jpg