How attached is your horse to you?

Gorgeous George

Visit site
I think George would be fine without me, but we do have a bond. He whickers when he sees me and pops his head over the door to say hi. I never hand feed him and it's often not me that gives him his feed. He will follow me round the school in whatever direction I go, stopping whenever I do etc. but if someone produced a bucket of food at the gate he'd be gone!! Love him!

Blizzard

Visit site
Im think Beau is attached to me.

He is very very jealous and wont let any other horse near me in the field, and its not a food thing, he will do it even when he has just been turned out after being fed.

He always comes over to me, I dont need a headcollar to catch either him or Lance, they will both just follow me in.

Lance I think does like me, he likes attention, but his first love is most definitely food!

LuanneCat

Visit site
To begin with we worked well together but I was just another person. Still am but now when theres other people around she will always keep an eye on me lol. Had her just over a month now so it's something we're working on
smile.gif

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
It all depends on weather, hunger, and what I'm wearing!! haha. If I look like he is about to get ridden he isnt that keen on me.

When I go to catch him 80% of the time he will come over to me, and when I let him back out he always hovers around and bugs me. He does like a cuddle though.
Couldn't say he was attached to ME though, just people who pet him.

malibu211211

How the hell do I know??? I can barely remember my
Visit site
Donnegan? as long as you are carrying a bucket full of food he is your friend. Go into field without food and expect to either be headbutted across field because you had the nerve to enter without food or have him scratch his great big head on you. Either way it's gonna hurt if you have'nt got his tea
blush.gif
grin.gif

Monty? he is quite happy to follow anyone around as long as they give him some attention
grin.gif

Halfpass

Visit site
Alee knows who I am and comes when she see's me arrive at the field and neighs at me when I come onto the yard. Having said that she is affectionate towards any human. Her stable is right next to the tap and she thoroughly enjoys all the petting she gets when she is in. I really don't think it would take much for her to become attached to anyone providing they fed her and groomed her she would be anyones best friend!!

JaneMBE

Visit site
Magic will call out and then come up to see me. She is very vocal. rarely handfeed ponies, so it isn't feed!
She will also shoo away other horses if they come up, she is either protective or jealous. She doesn't do it for other people!
The other two, reckon they will take or leave, although Phantom will always go to Rachel.

Leg_end

Visit site
Legend gets really grumpy with me when I dont see him and when I got back from holiday he immediately trotted up for a cuddle and then it was like he realised I'd abandoned him for a week and trotted off and ignored me!! He's the same if I go away for a weekend funny animal so I guess he is attached to me in a way
smile.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
I think most of mine could live without me pretty easily. As long as they get food their perfectly happy - they dont care who its from! There is 1 horse however, who I think secretly does like me..... he happens to be the one who treats me like c*ap most of the time! But the fact that he can also have moments of being the sweetest horse who turns to me and buries his head in my chest for a cuddle makes me think he might actually be quite attached to me! We have a love-hate relationship, but somehow he's probably the 1 horse Ive really got a bond with!

Chex

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I have to say that although my horses appear to like me, I am, in reality, merely the provider of food and scratches. They would do just as well without me (as an owner) as with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me too! Although I have seen a different side to Chex since I've started working with another horse in the field - he's much more interested in me when I'm busy with the other horse, like he's suddenly jealous
smirk.gif

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
The old Appy has always been very attached to me, to the extent that she nearly ragged our pony after I put her back in the field after I had ridden her ( only did that in the sight of the Appy once!). She was awful for my sister to ride after we got another mare, who she thought the world of, and was only happy when we rode the "right" horse each. We now have a younger Appy that is mine and sister has a ShirexClydesdale and although we both feed them all they know who belongs to who, we each belong to them respectively!
smile.gif
The two Appy's are currently best friends.

S_N

Visit site
Berry's priorities in life are (in order) breakfast, 2nd breakfast, mid morning snack, brunch, lunch, tea time, dinner time, supper time, midnight snack, followed by food! Other horses are important too and then somewhere down the line (if there is food around) humans (doesn't matter who really, as long as here is food
grin.gif
)

I am pretty much B's human though - she told me she really likes Pat too (MFH_09) and so she should having stayed there for a fair few weeks this summer!

I am not just saying this, as it has been commented on by friends as well as friends who are forum members, but I am def. Hector's human. He's more than happy to go off and parade himself around a show ring with someone else, but he always brings that person back to me. He literally lives in my pocket when I am in the field - even when he is eating his grub, he'll leave to come over for a chat unless I leave him to it. It's gonna make selling him very, very difficult indeed - for him and me - but I just cannot keep him and do him justice (nevermind the financial side of things).

4whitesocks

Visit site
Hmmm well he's on full livery so I'm not the one who feeds him (yet - stables being built as we speak so in 3 weeks time I will be!!) I reckon he's pretty fond of me - comes when I call to bring in to ride, will walk with me without the lead (unless of course he sees food inwhich case I'm on my own!) - he'll rest his head on my shoulder if we're just standing in the stable which gives me a warm fuzzy feeling but he may just be feeling a bit tired of having to carry his pea sized brain around all day!

On the other hand he's very nice to other people too - I reckon he's just quite Pro-people!

amandaco2

Visit site
my older mare used to be like super glue.
she woud start to get very upset if i even tied her up and left her for two mins.yet if someone else tied up her and left she was fine!now shes had a foal shes far more laid back and more interested where that is!
bey is attatched to me.she walks round after you in the field even if you are poo picking/cleaning the trough etc and she looks out her window in the stable to watch what im doing from there!lol.

RunToEarth

Visit site
Monty and Willow adore me, plain an simple, Monty smothers me in loving rasberry sneezes and Wills nibbles away at my hair and cheeks. Bertha is a mare and she will take me or leave me, most mornings she will leave me
wink.gif
I have just managed to catch Oshk after four days of trying and one very hefty kick on the calves- that answer your question? Nah, he only loves me in the winter time when he depends on me, right now he is a big lad
smile.gif