How big do you think??

Brambridge04

Visit site
My 2 and a half year old cob will get? He is 15hh now, maybe a wee bit over... Not particularly bum high.

Mum was a 15hh cob and dad was a 15.2 cob....

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
He could have a bit of micronised linseed 50gms will help stop mud fever, but not fatten, any good broad spectrum mineral, and a bit of salt and a petscoop of quick beet would be enough for growth but he will pretty much grow to his genetic height, just keep him slim for spring turnout. He can be taught to wear tack and walk in hand, maybe long reining, loose schooling with a few poles and fun jumps.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Judges loved him in the show today and suggested maybe some fast fibre and youngstock mix??

A cob does not need any form of mix. Mix contains corn. Corn usually makes cobs itch, be rude and get fat.

A good feed for babies is Sure Grow fed at the correct ratio for weight. it is pellet form and does not look 'nice' , to the human eye, in the bucket. However it contains all that a growing youngster needs. Add good hay and your cob will grow evenly and slowly.

Brambridge04

Visit site
Was my first ever show and to me he looks a typical 2.5year old so was surprised he won the cob class! But everyone kept saying he needed food!

May try some sure grow thanks x

NZJenny

Visit site
Was my first ever show and to me he looks a typical 2.5year old so was surprised he won the cob class! But everyone kept saying he needed food!

May try some sure grow thanks x

These things are relative - he is probably fine, but IME with showing everything is fat!

JosieB

Visit site
Follow Bonkers advice and you wont go wrong. He wont need feeding up and its best not to put weight on youngsters, causes lots of problems. I think Jenny means in a showing ring, look around, you will see lots of horses that would be weight scored as fat.... and yet these are the ones the judges like and reward over others which are a health weight..