How big is/are your stable(s)?

Erehwemos

Visit site
OH and I measured Ellie's tonight - it is only 9'10 x 11'6
shocked.gif

In an ideal world, no horse of mine would be in a box smaller than 16 x 16, but sadly beggars cannot be choosers, and I would say that the box size is possibly the only downside of our yard, for it is perfect in every other way
laugh.gif

What size is yours?

dwi

Visit site
Just under 10ft going one way just over 12ft the other way. D has been in several much bigger stables but this one is best for her because it is nice and airy (old stable had damp and made her cough) but has a solid wall (did have a huge stable originally but tried to attack the horse in the next stable through the bars).

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
14ft x 15ft i made mine that size, could make it way smaller, or way bigger if i wanted to lol. I think Doug would get lost if it was any bigger though
tongue.gif

Irishcobs

Visit site
Not measured it but I would think 12 x12 for the wooden boxes (where mine is) and I would say the brick ones are bigger, maybe 13 x13.
My stables at home are a 1/3 of a barn, about 24x15.

Silverspring

Visit site
About 16' x 16' they are old racing stables and all had to be big enough to back a TB in. I personally think they are too big for most of the horse, the totally dwarf the 16.2 Irish TB and the 17.3 Clydie x WB looks just comfortable in them.

I would say 12' x 12' would be suitable for most non WB/huge horses!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Two brick-built ex-farrowing pens @ 11 X 13
Two purpose-built wooden stables @ 12 X 12
One brick-built pig shed 8 X 16 - only used for 12hh Welsh

flowerlady

Visit site
Mine are both 12 x 12 and JB won't get down in his so he sleeps alot in the field lol. Two boarders have commented on nearly ringing me as they thought he was dead.
shocked.gif

So they just shouted to him head up looked at them head down back to sleep
grin.gif
grin.gif

I think we all established that Weezy has the best stables size wise going lol
grin.gif

RachelB

Visit site
12ft by (at a guess) 18ft. She has the corner box. The other two are 12x12 and Maiden hates them, she box walks really badly in the others. In the large one I can even stack some straw bales in a corner and they won't get trashed. She used to be fine in her old 12x12 at the old yard though!
Costs me far too much to bed down though
frown.gif

SunSmile

Visit site
I guess mine is 10ftx10ft but i have never measure it and it could be slightly bigger!! I wouldnt want something bigger than about 12ftx14ft, think of the mucking out and bedding needed!!!

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
10 ft x 10 ft for a 16.3hh TB!! I was really worried about him living in it when we first got him because he rolls in his bed regularily BUT he seems fine!! He has big shavings banks on 3 sides and curls up very small to sleep. He is quite happy in there. In an ideal world I would have 16 x 16 stables which opened out into a courtyard so horse could walk around all day. Must do the lottery.

NikkiF

Visit site
Both mine are 15' by 14', nice and big for my 2 big horses! Had my old mare in a 10 by 12 once and she wouldn't lie down in it at all, also got very stiff due to being unable to move around much, would never go back to small stables.

Solstar

Visit site
Solo's is 14'x13' he's a 16.1hh TB- nice size.
Red's is 11'x10' he's a 15hh welshy x- just right for him, would love something a bit bigger for him tho!