How big........

dianchi

Visit site
Done to death i know but....... how big are your 18 month babies?

Here she is at 2 days old
photo-1.jpg

This summer
Squidge.jpg

With Mum on Boxing Day
GirlsWetXmas2012_zpsee67d89c.jpg

She is now standing at 15hh, now wearing cob size headcollar (she was in xsmall mini when born and it still had knots in!) and string test shows another hand to go and she hasnt started to go outwards yet!

Any others out there?

dianchi

Visit site
Maesfen i know how big she will be (ish), was just wondering how the others were getting on! I remember spring 2011 and all the foal pics going up!

Clodagh

Visit site
So can I do the string test now, at rising 3 and still get an answer? Or is there an age cut off? Piper is about 17hh and I would like to know when he is going to stop!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Maesfen i know how big she will be (ish), was just wondering how the others were getting on! I remember spring 2011 and all the foal pics going up!

Alice is 15h. Her dam is 14.2. String says 16h. She is growing very slowly and quite evenly at the moment.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com

Lol, that'll teach me to read properly next time, sorry! :eek:

Tara's about 15.2 at 20 months old; I expect another hand but she is a first foal but if mud helps them grow we might get to 18 hands at this rate, she wallows in it. :D

Spendtoomuch

Visit site
Mine was 18 months old last week, he is approx 15.2hh at moment (not exact as not measured but def no smaller) did the string test from coronet band to knee in summer (with stalk of grass so not scientific ;) ) it said 17.1, parents are both only 16hh but grandparents and further back all exceed 16hh, so think he might be big! Don't have any recent pics but if it ever stops raining will take some and post.
Forgot to say he is warmblood x (82% warmblood, 18% arab) so expect a late growth spurt!

Asha

Visit site
My 18 month old is 15.2, and growing evenly.

Shes just moved into a 6ft 3 lightweight rug. I did the string test sometime ago and it said 16.3/17h. She moved while i was doing it so will have another go.

My 9 month old is 13.3, and not growing evenly as shes 14hds at the bum. Shes in a 5ft 9 rug ( taken off the yearling above ). String test says 16.2

As for the mud neither of mine like to roll in it, been out without rugs and come back in totally clean. They actually look quite disgusted at the proposect:) and are first at the gate to come into their stables.

Lovely mare Dianchi

mynutmeg

Visit site
I know of the string test but how does it work - my mare's foal is due this spring and I would love to be able to work out how big s/he will get

elumpshie

Visit site
My foal just turning 7 months old not grown that even either measured her at 6 months at 13.3 at front and 14.1 at bum done string test from cornet to knee said 17.1 but never done string test before so not sure about that 1 :)

_Samantha_

Visit site
Hope it's ok to join in, mine is a bit older at 30 months (2.5yrs) and measured today, as best we could, and is only standing at 15.1 and is still squeezed in to her 5'9 rugs from last winter, although she has grown a hand since then, she is very compact and grows evenly.

Both parents are chunky warmblood and exceed 16hh so keeping everything crossed that she'll get there eventually...though from some of what I've read she may not?

Bennions Field

Visit site
My filly from may 2011 is about 14.2 - 3 now still in 5'9 rugs but her bum's sticking out the end now - she should've made around 15.2 max but think she'sgoing to poss make a little more? Will try string test some how - difficult to hold string and measure when on my own :) amazed she's grown so big as she was tiny when born, had to get a 24" dog coat for a rug and she was easily able to run under moms belly for at least a week after being born :)

Whizz105

Visit site
My 2011 baby is currently 14'1 at wither and 14'3 at the bum. I am hoping for 15'2.
She is currently wearing 6' rugs x

would be interested to know what age you do the string test?