How can I clean my waterproof gloves

Kezzabell2

Visit site
Random question but my pink sealskinz gloves are so dirty and I want to wash them but I read the label and you literally can't do anything to clean them!

has anyone risked washing their waterproof gloves? would i bet stupid to try it, ignoring the label?

millitiger

Visit site
I wash mine and they are fine but aren't Sealskinz.

I've heard people wash with NikWax to keep waterproof but I've not needed to so far.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I wash my sealskinz.
I use a weak solution of woolite in warm water .
I put the gloves and wash and rinse them on my hands .
I do the final rinse in a water nikwax solution when they are dry I spray them with Fabsil

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I wash my sealskinz.
I use a weak solution of woolite in warm water .
I put the gloves and wash and rinse them on my hands .
I do the final rinse in a water nikwax solution when they are dry I spray them with Fabsil

I assume you do this by hand rather than in a washing machine? I'm not very domesticated haha

Darbs

Visit site
I used waterproof Sealskinz cycling gloves for a while, I used to was them in a washing machine with normal washing tablets on a wool cycle.

Years ago I didn't know the best way to wash my gore-tex jacket, so I contacted Berghaus and they said gore-tex needs to be clean to work and wash it as wool.

D66

Visit site
Have you tried washing them yet, Kezza?
I'd be interested to know how they turn out. Ive just found my new(lost) sealskinz gloves in the boot of the car and they are marked, so if I can put them in the machine on wool I'll have a go. wiping didn't work.:(

Darbs

Visit site
The only thing I seem to recall was that the internal liner got a bit tangled up inside the glove and it used to be a bit of a pain to get your hand in and straighten it back out after washing.