How can I help my cobs mane grow longer?

CobsGalore

Visit site
When I bought my cob almost 18 months ago he was hogged, and his mane has grown lots since then.

But over the last few months it seems to have stopped growing. What can I do to help it get longer, or will it just always be this length?

I have ordered some pig oil and sulphur for this feathers, can this be used on manes too?

Any other tips from people who have hairies?

0D5414A7-47F3-4A7D-9CAE-8BA91ADB750F_zpsfg6b3opi.jpg

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Yes, pig oil definitely improves growth - I use it without sulphur on his mane and tail, and get it right into the roots.

His mane is currently nearly three foot long, and never tangles. Fab stuff !

bearTessy

Visit site
When I bought my cob almost 18 months ago he was hogged, and his mane has grown lots since then.

But over the last few months it seems to have stopped growing. What can I do to help it get longer, or will it just always be this length?

I have ordered some pig oil and sulphur for this feathers, can this be used on manes too?

Any other tips from people who have hairies?

0D5414A7-47F3-4A7D-9CAE-8BA91ADB750F_zpsfg6b3opi.jpg

I have been told that Pig oil is good for promoting hair growth :) I don't see a problem with using it on the mane, we certainly will be one Tessy's Mohawk flops over.

CobsGalore

Visit site
His mane is currently nearly three foot long, and never tangles. Fab stuff !

Three foot!!! Wow!

How long was it before you started using the pig oil?

Would it do any harm to use pig oil and sulphur, or would it be better to get some plain pig oil for mane and tail?

Do you have any pictures!?

Last edited:

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
About a foot long - he is very hairy anyway, and has always had a fab mane and tail - I wash them both out once a month or so, dry, and then use the pig oil. Just a little at the roots, then brush it through.

Gasper

Visit site
We are in Abu Dhabi so absolutely no chance of getting anything with the name pig !

Will try baby oil and see how we go , thank you.

Gasper

Visit site
Be very careful. Any oil on the skin or coat in a hot climate in sunshine will basically fry. So you could end up very badly damaging your horse.

Thanks for that - and not a problem at the moment it's freezing ! Well relatively , 12 c this morning when I went up , was so so cold . Horses have two rugs on overnight as they are just not used to it.