How can I school my horse often on a yard without a sand school?

Visit site
I keep my horse on a yard with no good facilities and she is a really good jumper . There is one arena which is used by a riding school until 3 o clock when it is dark and the instructor never really lets you jump much and her lessons cost an arm and a leg. There is a gallop track and hacking trails, wide open fields as well as a tiny little sand ring. I really want to jump more and do more work apart from hacking so can anyone suggest anything I can do to jump more and do different things? I was thinking of buying some jumps and hiding them in the trees when we are not using them?

Also, at the yard where I keep her there is a tiny, paddock and I would like to let her get out in a field more often (eating grass or just being out and about) What shall I do?

Any suggestions? Would be very grateful!

be positive

Visit site
Is is not dark at 3pm now so you should be able to use the arena and the jumps that are there. Hiding jumps in the trees sounds a bit of a strange idea, why would they need hiding and who from?
Does she not get turned out now and if they have all those fields why not?
I think you sound rather unhappy with the yard and would think moving may be something to consider have a look around and see if there is somewhere that will offer better turnout and you could get help with jumping, you should be enjoying your horse.

PucciNPoni

Visit site
When it's light enough after work for me to hack, I do the majority of my schooling while out hacking. However, in the winter during the week, I have to limit myself to weekend hacks and school in the arena when it's dark (we have floodlights). You can do lots of schooling out and about. I'm not in to jumping, but surely on hacks you can find logs, ditches and other items to jump if needed.