How cool would it be to have these addresses's!

Potato!

Visit site
I work for a housing developer and just had the news that the roads on one of our developments have been road names by the council. Each road name is a breed of horse. Just thought id share as it put a smile on my face [:)]

Potato!

Visit site
Mustang way
Caspian Close
Pinto Close
Breton Close
Bashkir Close
Criollo Place
Oldenburg Close
Palomino Place
Eriskay Place
Cleveland Road

KSR

Visit site
I want Cleveland Road.. Or to move to Cleveland Bay in America with my Cleveland Bay horses, lol..

kezz86

Visit site
Mustang way
Caspian Close
Pinto Close
Breton Close
Bashkir Close
Criollo Place
Oldenburg Close
Palomino Place
Eriskay Place
Cleveland Road

This isn't in Westbury, Wiltshire is it? I've noticed they are building there and naming their roads after horse breeds!!

SaharaS

Visit site
What you must look out for tho is the one with a casual misspelling...HHOuse....then we'll know its one of us at work at the local Council!:)

kezz86

Visit site
It is in Wiltshire but not Westbury

Ha ha brilliant two new developments in Wiltshire with the same "great original idea" of using horse breeds for their street names, genius! lol

Is it Swindon by any chance? I'm sure I drove past a new development up there the other week with a breed name but might be going mad!

Boxers

Visit site
They're great. Near where I used to live there is

Bridle Drive
Paddock Close
Fetlock Close
Saddle Close
Shire Road
And Farrier Court
Just there too is Tinsley Close. Tinsley was the name of a landowner donkey's years ago and whose spinster daughters used to run a riding school. The school is still there but under differeent ownership.

Saucisson

Visit site
I worked for a large housebuilder many moons ago and it was my job to name roads. Sometime the developer/council had a theme but one site came up and I named all the streets after horses I'd known and loved :D

If you live on Bella Close (lovely little Welsh A mare), Crown Way (Crown Regent, a fab grey arab allrounder) or Tarn Close (another arab, potty but lovely) in Heanor you know why :D

Amy&

Visit site
I noticed at work the other day somebodys address was "Unicorn Yard" (as the street name) sounds lovely!

attheponies

Visit site
Funny how they give nice countryside sounding names to a previously picturesque area that has just been concreted over! Not far away there is a typically awful new development called "Whispering Oaks" - well there were some before the developers got to work!

ItsAllPoppyCock

Visit site
An estate around my way (also in Wiltshire) has an estate full of roads named after race courses. For example there is;

Sandown Drive
Ascot Close
Cheltenham Drive (Lived there)
Chester Close
Goodwood Way
Newbury Drive
Haydock Close
Epsom Close
Warwick Drive

It used to be a farm :(

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
I lived in Hispano Close. I'm trying to remember the builder of our house and estate as all the other roads and closes had much the same names as you've listed.

teazle

Visit site
Would like to name a house Hanoverian House someday. Think it sounds very posh. At the moment ours should be Rabble Roost or Menagerie Manor - no fancy pets, just lots of reprobates!