How could someone do this?

agmp

Visit site
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ced-head-collar-tight-surgically-removed.html

Story about a two month old foal who suffered head and face wounds due to too tight headcollar and became embedded in her face. How on earth can someone do this? Makes my blood boil. That poor little munchkin. Not often a daily mail reader but a horsey friend sent me the link, just don't know how anyone lets something like this go in. :(

tangoharvey

Visit site
That's what happened to my mare when I got her. The sores were so deep they were oozing with pus. Thankfully I've now treated them all and I'm hopeful the fur will grow back ok. The most wonderful thing of all is that she's trusted me to put another (padded) headcollar on her. Aren't animals wonderful?

Princess Rosie

Visit site
My blood boils when I see these cases, what the hell is wrong with people?? My mare was rescued and the deep headcollar indentation across her nose is very noticeable from even the front, makes me love her even more but it amazes me why people can allow this to happen. Should be banned from keeping animals for life.