How did you and hello

The-Bookworm

Visit site
My first thread and first post.

Thought I would break the ice and ask a silly question.
How did you come to choose your username?
Mine is because I love books and not because I love worms.

I have a little cob and we enjoy hacking which may or may not include the pub and picnics. She loves people and today's Boxing Day ride included stopping to let children fuss her.

Lintel

Visit site
Mine is because I looked at the laptop I was using and the label said " intel " - the processor.

Im Linda so I stuck an L in front of it and now I have Lintel!

It was originally so I had a email address that wasn't taken and did not require extreme amounts numbers... It's just kind of stuck now!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Hello there.

I had a Clydesdale called Pearl at the time, she came from South Yorkshire like Elkie Brookes, her previous owner ran rather dodgy nightclubs and the other obvious Pearl names had been taken. Now, of course, my username is in its Christmas incarnation.

Snitch

Visit site
Hello!

My user name originated from being called a snitch, in jest, at about the time I joined the forum.

PS: You may see a few headscarves on profile pics around here.... it’s a joke from another thread. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I look nothing like my profile pic!

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Hello :)

I can't remember when I chose this username but it was after being on here for years. Its a play on Mother Of Dragons from Game Of Thrones-my OH got me a mug with it for my birthday as I was into breeding chickens at the time and the utility room was full of chicks lol. I don't breed chickens any more-I breed ducks, maybe I should change it to MotherDucker instead :D

blitznbobs

Visit site
Hello

My user name is what I’m going to call my two scurry ponies when I finally give up riding ‘blitz’ and ‘bob’ - in my fantasy they are matching grey (white) ponies and totally nuts...

My avatar is our 40+year old Shetland pony with a tea towel on her head because we’re too poor to afford headscarves in our household but still want to be a member of the ‘in crowd’😂

Shady

Visit site
Hello :)

I can't remember when I chose this username but it was after being on here for years. Its a play on Mother Of Dragons from Game Of Thrones-my OH got me a mug with it for my birthday as I was into breeding chickens at the time and the utility room was full of chicks lol. I don't breed chickens any more-I breed ducks, maybe I should change it to MotherDucker instead :D
Oh god , please do. PMSL:D:D XXX

mandyroberts

Visit site
Hello there.

I had a Clydesdale called Pearl at the time, she came from South Yorkshire like Elkie Brookes, her previous owner ran rather dodgy nightclubs and the other obvious Pearl names had been taken. Now, of course, my username is in its Christmas incarnation.
How do you change your user name? Do you actually have two user names and use this one around Christmas time?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Hey, I chose my user name out of temper 😂🤭
I had an older account that I just couldn’t sign into one day, years ago for some reason so just decided to set up a new account,I tried so many new user names that I actually wanted and all were taken so I punched in the top line and surprise surprise it was available. I took it meaning to change it later but never did! I really should, it’s rubbish!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Hello there.

Pearlsasinger, it only dawned on me one day what your name actually was!! I used to pronounce it in my head as Pearl sasinjer 😂
Obvious once I’d realised

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Hey, I chose my user name out of temper 😂🤭
I had an older account that I just couldn’t sign into one day, years ago for some reason so just decided to set up a new account,I tried so many new user names that I actually wanted and all were taken so I punched in the top line and surprise surprise it was available. I took it meaning to change it later but never did! I really should, it’s rubbish!

Nooo, I have tried several times to pronounce your user name. Never thought to see it was the top line of the keyboard backwards!!! o_O

ETA I thought you were welsh. I tried to pronounce poiuytrewq is a welsh accent!!!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
How do you change your user name? Do you actually have two user names and use this one around Christmas time?

There was a thread from TFC asking for people to say if they want an Xmas name change. There will be another thread in January where you request to change it back. I do hope I don't miss it so I have to be red nose all year :oops:

Fatty does warn us that if someone takes our usual user name whilst we are inhabiting our Xmas personas then we will lose our normal user name.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Hello!

My user name originated from being called a snitch, in jest, at about the time I joined the forum.

PS: You may see a few headscarves on profile pics around here.... it’s a joke from another thread. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I look nothing like my profile pic!
Oh Snitch that's so disappointing you don't look like your profile pic. I look like mine, got the tache/beard because of you.

Snitch

Visit site
Oh Snitch that's so disappointing you don't look like your profile pic. I look like mine, got the tache/beard because of you.
Truth be told, I’ve actually got grey hair rather than green hair. I photoshopped my profile photo (bad Snitch).
So, I’ve just taken a selfie......
(sorry about the red-eye, my camera is rubbish).
A031BB2B-2B74-4EA5-ABAE-6715BE1CE82F.jpeg