How do I get my "city" horse to stop getting so excited when the hunt is here??

olop

Visit site
Question in title really.......we re-located to Essex 6 months back & would probably consider ourselves as from the "city" compared to the countryside we now live in!

Thing is my boy has never seen or heard the hunt before & it justs happens they are meeting once a month at our local & they cross the bottom of our fields. On both occassions the hunt has been Blackie has jumped out of the field in pursuit of them (he is telling me he really wants to join them but I dont have the bottle lol!!) but on a serious note its not funny & I just dont know what to do.

Our stables back onto the fields the hunt goes past as well so I would rather not keep him in, he wont even touch food when they are around so distraction is not an option.

Any ideas??

Cath&Vinnie

Visit site
Do you know anyone who is more confident who could take him out hunting for you??

You never know, after seeing them take him out a couple of times, you might feel like taking him yourself ;)

olop

Visit site
I think they would want danger money to take him out :eek: - although to be fair he will jump anything, its just the other horses & hounds that he finds exciting. Will have to see if I can bribe anyone lol thanks for the tip :)