How do I go about getting bute online?

teasle

Visit site
My vet is coming tio check up on my horse today as he is on bute. She is willing to give me a prescription so I can get the bute cheaper- but when I have the prescription , how do I go about it and does anyone know of a cheaper, but reputable supplire? Thanks .

Fransurrey

Visit site
Haven't actually done it, but for POM medicines, you order as usual, then fax the prescription (or mail) it to the supplier. They will dispatch upon receipt and approval of the prescription. I don't know if some accept an email from the vet, or not, but the former definitely works as friends have done it that way.

lauracwd2

Visit site
when i enquired about buying wormer online for my dog,the vets charge £9.95 for the perscription.

Cahill, you can buy wormers for your dog online without a prescription as these are classed as NFA-VPS medicines. I'd suggest using the VMD approved list for that too, any reputable supplier should check that you are ordering the correct quantity for your animal and that you know how to use it before supplying.

Cahill

Visit site
Cahill, you can buy wormers for your dog online without a prescription as these are classed as NFA-VPS medicines. I'd suggest using the VMD approved list for that too, any reputable supplier should check that you are ordering the correct quantity for your animal and that you know how to use it before supplying.

thank you.

mrsbt

Visit site
I have ordered from medicines4pets and others. You just order on the website in the same way you would anything else. You then have to send them the prescription before they will dispense. I scanned mine and emailed it so they could post out ASAP and then sent the original in the post.

My bambinos

Visit site
I get my mares Danilon from my local pharmacy, as part of their service they deliver it to the yard for me too :D

Not sure if they would get bute but it's worth a shot might also be a bit cheaper than online too.

Spyda

Visit site
when i enquired about buying wormer online for my dog,the vets charge £9.95 for the perscription.

Mine charges £11.00 per prescription and will only permit it for a 6 months' repeat.

I've got 2 dogs and 3 cats and had asked about a prescription so I could buy their flea treatment online. At THAT price per animal, it doesn't work out ANY cheaper :(

lauracwd2

Visit site
Mine charges £11.00 per prescription and will only permit it for a 6 months' repeat.

I've got 2 dogs and 3 cats and had asked about a prescription so I could buy their flea treatment online. At THAT price per animal, it doesn't work out ANY cheaper :(

You don't need a prescription for flea treatment either. Same rules apply as the wormers.

Spyda

Visit site
You don't need a prescription for flea treatment either. Same rules apply as the wormers.

Yeah you do! For the flea products that actually work, you do. Anything non-prescription (including non prescription Frontline Spot On) simple isn't effective anymore. They're a complete waste of money if you really need a flea product that's going to work. There's Advocate. Advantage. Advantix. Activyl Spot-On. Comfortis. Just a few of the prescription only flea treatments.

indie999

Visit site
I was going to do this and the vet was going to charge me £11 to write the script. When I told them Bute was cheaper on line they lowered their price.

Tiffany

Visit site
I paid vet £20 for prescription for two boxes and still saved £40.00 buying on line. Worth having a look at www.animeddirect.co.uk and www.medicanimal.com I've bought from these in the past. When you've checked by price on line, just give them a call, they'll ask for payment and a copy of your prescription then send the goods - simples :D

Last edited: