How do i make the pony eat?!??!!

Cedars

Visit site
She is a WHW horse, born at their farm so I would imagine that everything was done absolutely 100% to the book, so she would have been taken off mum at appropriate time. Good thought though!

Its not the oil she needs its the supplement on the vets reccomendation (because of the wood eating).

She won't eat on the floor or from my hand either =[

xxx

TGM

Visit site
She ate 18 whole rails when she was out in her field - hardly a stressful situation! And she is eating substantially less being in. I've also tried taking the oil out which doesn't help either. xxxx

I said she MAY be stressed being in not that she IS! Remember we can't see your youngster and how she is kept and have to suggest things that we think MAY be appropriate, based on what we know from experience of other horses that age. No need to be quite so defensive when people are actually trying to help!

Cedars

Visit site
Sorry, didnt mean to be defensive am typing whilst twisted 90degrees with my uni writeups on my lap so was just typing quick!

Jane_Lou

Visit site
Try her with some marmite and if she likes it make up some marmite broth to water down her feeds - it will hide most flavours and I have only ever met one horse that didn't go mad for it!

LizScott

Visit site
You've probably done this already but could you give her the haylage balancer (whatever supp she needs) on a big spoonful of treacle - obviously a big long wooden spoon is best and hold onto it for grim death! And then paint cribox or whatever it's called on all the kickboards?