How do they know and a sad update.

ebonyallen

Visit site
For those of you who can remember I posted back in May saying that I had just been told that my mum had cancer and how much Ebony was a great comfort to me. I have not been able to bring myself to post this for a while but 3 weeks later my mum died. I was at the yard and my sister came up to find me to tell me. We had been out that morning for a ride and Ebony was already out in the field when she came up. When she told me I did brake down and yelled NO and kept screaming NO as I did not want to believe it, one of the other girls had just put her horse out and said from the other side of the field Ebony came charging over to the gate and stood there calling none of the other horse came over or paid any attention. Makes you wonder what they are feeling or what do they sense, truly are amazing creatures. Things are starting to get a little easier but I think the hard bit was I really thought I would have more time left with her, make the most of your mums they are very special and none of us know what is around the corner. Good Night and God Bless Mum 2.6.13 .Thanks for taking the time to read x

Jojoeena

Visit site
So sorry for your loss ... shows the great bond you must have with Ebony. Take care of yourself and try and remember the good times ((hugs))

EventingMum

Visit site
So sorry to hear this, I still miss my mum who died unexpectedly nearly 20 years ago, however time does help and gradually the pain eases and you can remember the happy times you spent together. I'm glad Ebony is there to comfort you - you seem a strong person who has already dealt with so much - your mum must have been so proud of you x

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Oh gosh, you get it all thrown at you don't you. Hope you're ok. Ebony obviously cares a lot about you and is there for you, how lovely to know. Hugs.xxx

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
So very sorry to hear this - what an awful shock it must have been. Mums are indeed very special.

It shows you how in tune Ebony is with you. My boy was my saviour when my mum died nearly 8 years ago he really kept me going and I find just being with him a great comfort when times are hard. Lots of ((hugs))

ldlp111

Visit site
Really sorry to hear about your mum, I lost mine back in 2008 in an accident x
Try and remember the good times you shared x

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
I am so sorry. I lost my mum in 2005, and still miss her, but can remember her with a smile now. It will get easier, I promise you. How lovely of Ebony. Horses are wonderful animals, so attuned to our feelings. Bless you, and your mum. (((hugs))) xx

nix123

Visit site
So sorry to hear about your mum. I'm sure Ebony will be there for you every step of the way, it sounds like you two have an amazing bond which will only grow stronger over time. Sending loads of hugs to you. x

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss - what a wonderful bond you must have with Ebony, and I'm sure that in itself is a reflection of the bond you have with the other people in your life.

_GG_

Visit site
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Horses just know when we need them.

It is such a wonderful bond when you have it and I am sure it is a bond that will help you through the grief.

It never leaves you, but it does get easier. My thoughts are with you and your whole family. Xx

katiey

Visit site
Big hugs to you firstly. I know how you feel. I lost my dad, my hero last summer (2012) to cancer - was 6 weeks to the day from diagnosis. My horses were my life savour. My old boy (magic) who ive had for nearly 10 years was really clingy and cuddly (more than normal) he would follow me and not take any interest in my other horses. The day my mum called to tell me that the hospital were stopping treatment and making him comfortable to come home and be with us i was on my yard and did exactly what you did - dropped to me knees crying and repeating 'no'... at this point Magic was up by the gate kicking it like mad. He only stopped kicking when i went over. I remember burying my head in his neck and feeling him wrap his head around me.
They are amazing animals. Take great comfort in them. Sounds like you have an amazing friend in Ebony. Bless her heart. Big hugs again and try to keep smiling. People will say to you it gets easier over time which i am kind of starting to believe even though my heart aches for my dad everyday and id do anything for him to hug and tight. x

tessybear

Visit site
so so sorry to hear about your mum, cannot even imagine how painful that must be for all of you :(

horses are the best healer, Ebony sounds like a star.

KVH

Visit site
I am deeply sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family at this heartbreaking time.

Shantara

Visit site
I'm so so sorry :(

They do seem to know, don't they? Not exactly the same, but one day I was really sick and was in the bathroom feeling simply awful. My cat, who was usually aloof and uncaring came and sat next to me purring, and even placed her paw on my hand. I miss her terribly, but will always remember that.

I have no words of comfort, apart from I'm thinking of you xxx *hugs*

3OldPonies

Visit site
So sorry to hear of your very sad news. It is very brave of you to post your message on here at a time when you must still be feeling your loss very badly.

Big hugs and take care of yourself - you have a brilliant friend in Ebony.

Nicnac

Visit site
So sorry so read she went so quickly after you last posted. Horses are incredibly intuitive. Your bond with Ebony is so strong.

My condolences and I hope it gets a bit easier with time.

Merrymoles

Visit site
So sorry lovie. I lost my mum in very similar circumstances and animals do know. I took her dogs home with me (two border collies) to add to our own two border collies and they all knew and were much better behaved together than they had ever been before. We have since lost our original two but still have mum's dogs five years on and they are a comfort.
It is absolutely grim that you have had to go through this but talk to Ebony even if you don't want to talk to anyone else and she will help you through it.
Sending you massive virtual hugs.

skint1

Visit site
Really sorry to hear of your loss, I hope that your lovely Ebony will be a great comfort to you x

Spotsrock

Visit site
So sorry to read this. She was proud of you. No mother could not be proud of you. Be strong and hug ebony she is there for you.

Tobiano

Visit site
Oh Ebonyallen, I am so sorry to read this. How very sad, that you lost your mum so shockingly soon. I know you wanted to spend that last time together and it is unfair that it was so short. Lean on Ebony, she will be there for you. Hugs and thoughts x x

ebonyallen

Visit site
Thank you all for your very kind words, sometimes it just seems that the world is against you. Today had to have my cat Timone but to sleep as well so feeling really rotten, brings everything back again, but I will get through this and some of you have said that have also lost your mum or dad it slowly will get easier to deal with, and true love never dies x